Chapter 17: Ultrasonic Dragon

Your POV

"Sooo, we're going to Hammerlocke? I thought the dragon type gym was last." My travel partner and I were walking out of the stadium, I was looking at the map my peach haired comrade was holding.

"That's what we were told," he looked over the map, " if we traveled non-stop it would take a day to get there. But I don't think we should do that. " Milo started mumbling, he was so wrapped up in thought I had to pull him off the course of running into a pole. "Something wrong?"

"You almost ran face first into a pole, dummy" I snickered, elbowing his arm slightly. "You know , if I wasn't with you when you we traveled you probably would've ran into a lot more poles by now." I continued and brushed my hand through Eevee's fur.

"Really? Well, if you weren't with me then you probably would've burned down at least five tents." He elbowed back with a smile. I sweatdropped, he was right. "Touché." I folded my arms and stuck my nose in the air, stopping once we reached the edge of Motostoke.

"Wait!" We flipped around to see three people stopping before us. "Before you go, we wanted to wish you luck on your future gym battles." It was Juvia, the water type gym leader. She held a warm smile as she looked to the other leaders, waiting for them to speak.

"Not many trainers get past my gym, so we make it a priority to see those who do off on the rest of their journey. I expect great things from both of you nuisances." Kabu explained, I rolled my eyes at him calling us a bother. "Yeah yeah, when I get back from that journey I'll be visiting you after my dad, old man." I voiced with an unenthusiastic tinge in it.

Arin was last, "What Kabu said," he placed a hand on Milo's shoulder, " hey kiddo, I'm hoping you gain more confidence in yourself. After the gym challenge, I hope you're ready to start training." Milo's eyes grew wide with shock and nodded a few times. We conversed for a few minutes before waving goodbye and starting a new chapter in our travels to make our goals reality.

"I bet you'll make an awesome gym leader, Milo." I cheered as we stopped on a wooden bridge. "Y-you really t-t-think so?" He looked extremely nervous, wonder why. I nodded with a smile, "Of course you will, if I was honest, I can't think of anyone better for the job than you." I made it sound like it was obvious which, it was.

"Can I-I tell y-y-you something?" He looked away, his face in a flush. "Of course you can, you don't need to ask." I responded immediately, though was mentally confused at what he was so nervous about.

( "IS HE GOING TO TELL HER!?!?!" Nessa and Opal were both enveloped in the story. "Maybe, I don't know if he will yet." I was still writing. "Well he has to tell her soon, back when I was younger if The guy took too long he lost the girl." Opal reminisces on her past. )

The freckle covered farmer took a deep breath, "I-I....." He glanced at my face then, quickly turned away again. "W-well... You know what, n-nevermind." He hid his face in his scarf and let out a shaken sigh. I frowned, "What's got you so nervous?" Please tell me, I want to help. "You can tell me anything, I won't laugh or get angry I promise." I placed my hand on his shoulder, my face exploded in worry. All I got in return was a shake of his head and a mumble, now look who's making who worry sick.

"Can we start walking again? We need to get to Hammerlocke and staying on this bridge isn't going to get us there." I tried to sound as gentle as I could, he nodded with his expression still covered in the green scarf. I sighed and grabbed one of his hands, tugging him along through the valley known as the wild area.

After tons of encouragement and a possible threat to steal his hat, I finally got Milo to stop hiding in his scarf and watch where he was going. "Hey g-get the berries out for l-lunch." I started looking through our shared berry satchel but, realized he didn't tell me which ones to get. "O-oh, hand me a couple pecha and leppa berries, please." I instantly found the said pink berries and said red and yellow berries, taking a few for lunch.

I heard a rustling and looked back to the open satchel from where I was next to the pot, better see what this is. Quickly rushing to the spot, I found a purple bat-like pokemon. 'Noi Noi.' It squeaked out as it happily munched on a rawst berry, I huffed and went to get it out though the bat grabbed the satchel. "Oh no you don't!" I wrapped my arms around the berry stealing pokemon before it could fly off, we looked at each other for a few moments.

'NOIIIIIIIIIII!!!!' It let out an ear splitting screech, flailing it purple wings in attempt to escape. "Hey the curry is rea-" Milo stopped and rushed over, "Hey you want some help?" He asked and took the stolen satchel. I shook my head, "It's my pokemon now, I caught it." I responded and continued to keep the yellow eyed bat in my arms.

"Oh hand me a pokeball from my bag please.... And a rawst berry." He handed me said items, "I thought you said you caught it." " I did! It's not flying away is it? " He let out a amused sigh, walking back to the pot with quite a few plates in hand.

I showed the pokemon the berry, instantly catching it's attention, "If you want more berries, why don't you join my team." I gave it a choice, watching it reach for the blue berry cutely. 'Noibat Noi Noi!' It squeaked, nodding rapidly and still reaching for the berry.

"Okay then, I just need you to get in the pokeball." I showed it the red and white capsule, 'Noi Noibat ' It grabbed the berry and pressed a wing against the capsule, encasing it inside. It moved three times and clicked then, the bat came out when the smell of curry grew stronger in the air.

"A Noibat huh? AND IT'S A DRAGON TYPE!!" I was shocked, there aren't many dragon type pokemon in Galar and only 28 entries in the pokedex according to Professor Magnolia. "Hey that tickles!" I giggled when Noibat landed on my head and started positioning itself to a more comfortable spot. 'Noi Bat Bat!' It cheered from my head, 'Eevee Vee' Eevee looked annoyed at the pokemon bursting with energy. "Alright you two, it's time for lunch." I stopped their bickering and let out my other three pokemon.

"Everyone, meet Noibat. Noibat, this is Eevee, Vulpix, Boltund, and Cherubi." I introduced them, with that they began conversing. I decided to let them familiarize themselves with each other and went to help with the mess of plates, smirking when I saw how much trouble my friend was having.

"It helps if you don't hold all the plates at once." I took a few plates and set them down, putting a serving of food on each. As I did this, I noticed Milo was watching intently and trapped in the depths of his mind. "Hey you good there, bud?" I waved a small hand past his face, snapping the boy out of it almost instantly.

"H-huh? O-oh I'm fine." He looked away and rubbed the back of his neck. I rolled my eyes, there's obviously something wrong, "Sure you are..." I trailed off. He grew red, "What's that s-supposed to mean!?" I just gave an expression, knowing the boy could read it. "Nothings wrong, (y/n)."

" You forget I can see past your crap, Milo. "

( "Really? You'd think she'd notice him by now." Nessa questioned . "Yeah reader is oblivious to that stuff but, with them being as close as they are, the two know how the other acts when something stresses them. " I explained. "So its like how Raihan and Leon are? " "kinda..." )

"It's hard to explain..."

"Just tell me, I feel as helpless as a Metapod because I have no idea what is wrong."

"I don't know how you would react, maybe you won't want to be friends anymore. " my friend's voice grew soft.

My (e/c) orbs grew wide, what he suggested kinda hurt but, he was probably thinking of the worst possible outcomes. I shook my head, "You know I won't stop being friends because of something that's troubling you, farmer boy. " my statement caused Milo to smile a little at the nickname I used. I smiled back then sighed, "If you really don't want to talk about it then, let's finish up lunch."

After that, we ate and I wondered what my friend was stressed about the entire time.

New chapter!! So yeah, if you noticed I took off the A/N about Eevee because I decided on an eeveelution. Not related to the story, while I was finding a list of the dragon types in Galar I found out there is going to be an and expansion DLC for sword and shield. It's $30 and one part is releasing in June while the other in the fall. If you didn't know this I suggest you check it out, that's all for now
L signing off