After playing for awhile, it was time for dinner.

"Do you guys want to help me cook or do you want to keep playing?"

"I wanna cook!" Alana jumped off of Luke's lap & then she ran into the kitchen.

"Can I play with play-dough while you cook?" Austin asked. 

"Of course. Just bring it into the kitchen. Luke, can you help him carry it?"

"Sure, we'll meet 'cha in the kitchen in a minute."

I went to find Alana. She was already in the pantry taking out two boxes of mac 'n cheese. That's basically all I can cook & they knew it.

"Spongebob? That's the kind you want?" I asked as she handed me the box.

"Yes please."

"Alright but we have to have carrots & some apple with it too, okay?"

"Yea, I know I know." 

Then the two boys came in.

"Yes!" Luke smiled when he saw the boxes. "My favorite."

"Yours too?" I laughed at him. "Are you six too?"

"Sometimes."

Luke & Austin sat at the table & began making things with the play-dough while Alana pulled over a chair to stand on & she helped me wash & then cut up the apples & carrots while the pasta cooked.

"Are you going to make Luke eat his fruits & vegetables too?" Austin asked as he saw me cutting up the apples.

"I love apples, so yea, I'll eat them too." Luke smiled at the kid. I'm so glad he agreed because it's a pain to get the kids to eat healthy so if Luke ate them, I knew the kids would too. I mouthed a 'thank you' to him & he nodded, he understood.

"Alright, clean up the play-dough & go wash your hands." I told the kids as I got their plates ready. "Luke, you too." I laughed as he went into the bathroom with the kids to make sure they used soap. Then the four of us sat at the table together.

"Can we watch a Christmas movie after this?" Austin asked. 

"Christmas is in two weeks." Alana pointed to the countdown they had on the refrigerator. "Can we?"

"Of course. You two have to agree on the same movie though, okay? I don't want any fighting otherwise Luke picks & he may pick a really boring, old, black & white movie." Personally I loved the classic movies but the kids didn't.  

Once they finished eating everything on their plate, I quickly did the dishes while Luke went to help the kids decide on a movie & then I joined them by the t.v.

"What did we decide on?"

"How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Austin practically threw the box at me. "We all agreed."

"Good choice." I set up the movie & then I went to join everyone on the couch.

Luke was sitting in the middle of the couch, Alana on the left side of him & then he patted on his right side & smiled. "There's room for you too."

Once I sat next to him, Austin sat almost on top of me so it was a giant cuddle session.

Jim Carrey as the Grinch scared Alana a couple times so she covered her head a lot & Luke kept telling her that he was keeping her safe & my heart was melting. He was so good with them. By the end of the movie, both kids seemed fairly tired.

"Ready for bed?"

They lazily nodded & I took Austin's hand, walking him upstairs with Alana on Luke's back behind us.