- fourteen -

〚 third person 〛

☾☾☾

Momo already knew she failed when she saw the way her teacher handed her the paper. The simple fold around the finger technique already signaled complete and total failure.

And she assumed correctly.

"A twelve?!" Yamaguchi shouted in surprise as Momo held her face in her hands, too embarrassed to look him in the eyes. "This is worse than Hinata and Kageyama!"

This made Kageyama and Hinata snicker slightly. "At least we're not the dumbest."

"Oh, no, you are." Tsukishima said as he entered the club room. His eyes landed on Momo who snatched the paper out of Yamaguchi's hands and stuffed it down her shirt. "Lookin' a little pale there, shorty."

Momo smiled nervously, backing out of the club room. "I gotta, uhm, go! See you!"

Before Yamaguchi could stop her, she dashed out of the room and bounded down the stairs quickly. She nearly knocked over Kaitō who was walking in the opposite direction of her.

"The hell is her problem?" Kaitō shouted as he entered the club room, finding Yamaguchi quickly shaking his head as he stood behind Tsukishima.

'DON'T BRING IT UP!' Yamaguchi mouthed, earning a stiff nod from Kaitō who tried t change the subject subtly. Tsukishima ignored the stiff underclassmen who tried to avoid the topic of Momo.

"Hitokacchi?!?" Momo shouted as she shook the blonde female. Her soul had left her body after seeing twelve on the top of Momo's test. It was devastating.

"H-How did you manage to get this?" Yachi asked, creating depression lines around Momo's body. The small brunette shriveled up like a raisin and sat in the corner of the gym to sulk. "There, there, Momo-chan."

She patted Momo's back, staring at the piece of paper with worried eyes. "Maybe you can ask Tsukishima. He's really good at English."

Momo quickly shook her head, refusing to look at Yachi. "I don't him to know. It's embarrassing. He won't like me if he knows I'm stupid."

Yachi frowned, noticing that Momo had become a bit more negative these days. Anyone could tell that Momo was growing more and more worried about her "relationship" with Tsukishima.

"It's fine. Tsukishima won't-" The paper was snatched out of Yachi's hand, eliciting a yelp from the blonde.

"Tsukishima won't what?" Her eyes slightly widened with surprise as Tsukishima stood beside her with the paper in hand.

His eyes scanned the page, taking notice of all the red marks on it. When he noticed the number twelve on the top, he slightly smirked. He bent down beside Momo, holding the paper in front of her face.

"What's this, shorty?" Tsukishima teased as Momo closed her eyes, pouting deeply with flushed cheeks of embarrassment. Tsukishima gently tapped the paper on her head, broadening his smirk when she'd let out a muffled noise. "Cat got your tongue?"

"Tsukki, she's embarrassed. Don't pick on her." Yamaguchi chastised, earning a small snigger from Tsukishima who still waved the paper in her face.

"C'mon, shorty, ask the question you're dying to ask while I'm still feeling nice." Tsukishima prodded, watching Momo's conviction slip away.

"P-Pleas-" She swallowed, stopping herself halfway.

Tsukishima cupped his ear, leaning towards her. "What was that? I didn't hear you."