Flash Forward

January 15th
10:00 p.m.

Omnicient POV

The car ride was silent, but even the silence was loud between them. There was so much she wanted to say.
There was so much he wanted to tell her.

Still, he knew it wasn't the time or place.
The car stopped and Camila got out from the driver's seat and helped him get his carry on from the back seat while Shawn got his luggage from the trunk.

Camila felt pathetic for trying to hold back tears, but she swallowed them and all the emotions that went with them.

Shawn noticed immediately. By now he knew her tells and he knew that this was just as hard for her as it was for him. "Hey... don't do that... I won't be be gone long..."

"But it'll feel like forever..." she looked in his eyes. How could she let him leave like this? Without... knowing.

He pulled her close and rested his head on the top of her head. His arms wrapped around her, she realized was the safest place in the world.
He could stay like this forever.
She never wanted to let him to let go.

They broke their embrace and Shawn grabbed his things and began to walk towards the sliding glass doors.

Everything in her was telling her to run to him and so she did.

"Wait!" She called and she ran. In moments they were face to face, his eyes fixed on hers,his hand on her cheek. Every moment had lead them here.
He kept her at a distance but wanted nothing more than to pull her close. He searched for an answer in her eyes and before she even spoke, he knew.

She reached up to meet his hand on her cheek with hers

"I'm....ready," she said and time stopped.

Author's note: This takes place exactly a month from the previous chapter.
🤯
So many questions... and the answers will come... sooon.

Next chapter is back to the current timeline