High Thoughts - Pre Cult Kai.

Summary: Reader is high with pre cult Kai, the reader learns of Kai's feelings towards them in a game of 20 Questions.

"Kai!" You chuckled. "I have an idea!" Kai raised his eyebrows as he looked away from the brightly-lit tv screen.

"What is it? And we're not egging that lesbian couple's house again, if that's what it is-" Kai replied before you abruptly interrupted him.

"No, though that was funny. I was thinking we could play 20 questions?" You suggested, examining Kai's face for a reaction. Normally he'd say no or he'd come out with a statement that just ridiculed those kind of games, like "those games are for kids, y/n. we're not kindergarteners anymore." But this time, it was different, he agreed to play along.

"Ok, okay! I'll go first!" You exclaimed as you racked your cannabis-soaked brain for a question to ask.

"Okay! Umm, who had the honors of taking Kai Anderson's virginity? Unless no one's made a transaction in that bank yet?" You asked, chuckling as you took another puff of the carefully-rolled joint.

"Oh god...Well, you know Sophie Brenton?" Kai said as your eyes opened wide in shock.

"Sophie Brenton? The crack whore, the girl from the senior year?" You exclaimed as you bolted right up in your seat, eyes wide open still.

"Yes, that Sophie Brenton. Well, one thing led to another and uh...yeah." Kai snapped back. "Same question for you." He said as he took a drag from his joint before he blew the smoke into the air above him.

"Hmph, Jay Lowe." You said as you looked over at Kai. "Not gonna lie, probably not bad as losing your virginity goes."

You both sat in silence for a while as you thought hard about a question to ask.

"Okay, I got one. What's your most precious memory?" You questioned softly as you finished the rest of your joint, you took the blanket off the back of the couch and wrapped yourself in it as you waited for an answer.

".....Honestly? That time when we sat in that shitty little car park late at night, eating those disgusting chips from the petrol station with the broken sign." Kai responded as he took a swig from his drink.

".....Seriously? Why?" You chuckled before you realised that he was serious.

"Because that was the first time I ever saw you smile for real," Kai responded as he looked at you deeply.

"Jeez Kai, I don't know what to say..." You replied as you looked down at the frayed ends on the blanket.

"I don't know if it's the blunt talking or if it's just something I need to get off my chest or both even...But I've been in love with you for years, y/n and I mean years. I tried to tell you, I wanted to tell you so badly but to be honest, I was scared...I didn't want to fuck things up like I always do, y' know." Kai admitted as he turned the tv off, the light in the room dimmed dramatically. The only light in the room now being provided by the dimly-lit light that hung over the small circular wooden table.

"Kai, I've felt the exact same way." You admitted as you looked up from the blanket at Kai. "Instead of telling you this, I pushed it to the side and hooked up with random people left, right and centre just to block it out, I guess. Cause I was scared too, I didn't want it to change anything between us if we did make a go of it and it didn't work at all."

There was a silence for a little while as you both took in what had just happened.

"I love you, Kai." You said as you shifted over to him.

"I love you too, y/n," Kai replied as he wrapped you in his arms.