Meeting [Palace Arc Begins]

Start from the beginning

No.

I'm going to become queen unless someone objects.

"I approve, if Himari becomes queen." General Joon-gi says. That's expected. He knows me well, his daughter knows me well.

"I approve as well." Tae-woo nods his head.

"If Lady Himari becomes queen, I will pledge my full support." General Soo-jin agrees. I clench my fists in rage.

Everyone looks at General Geun-tae, who's glaring at Soo-won.

"I..." the General sighs. The child he adopted and raised to become General was now becoming queen. Was he willing to let this happen? How much would he lose if he accepted? The man stares at his tea. "I approve."

No.

Nonononononono!

I can't become queen.

I shouldn't become queen.

Soo-won places a hand on my shoulder and smiles at me. I obviously fake a smile in return.

"Then Himari and I will wed in two days. We will see each other then." Soo-won says. Everyone stands up and excuses themselves from the room, whispering sentences I couldn't hear.

I stare at my feet, wondering what will happen next.

I never wanted this.

I wanted Yona to marry Soo-won, then Hak and I could protect them for the rest of our lives. I wanted to become a General.

But fate had other plans for me.

Fate had to ruin everything.

Soo-won had to ruin everything.

The man I shouldn't be with stares at me.

"It's finally going to happen, Himari." Soo-won smiles.

I look at Joo-doh and Kye-sook. They listen to our conversation.

I fidget with the folds of my haori. "You wanted this," I say. "You wanted this to happen."

Joo-doh's eyes widen.

"Your majesty, you wanted her to..." Joo-doh starts, but Soo-won cuts him off.

"Maybe I did. But in the end, she agreed to my offer, the generals also agreed to her becoming queen. We cannot turn back time now." Soo-won replies.

"But maybe we should..."

"General Joo-doh, it's fine," I say. My smile is broken, everyone can tell. "I'll be on my way now."

I make my way out of the room and walk towards the gardens, Yona's favorite place to be. I lean on the railing, admiring the variety of flowers. They were all unique.

Once a tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream.

I feel nervous. What will happen once I become queen?

Why am I trying to fall in love with the man I hate?

I've never wanted this to happen.

I wonder if Hak and Yona are wondering where I am.

I wonder if Jae-ha is flirting right now.

I wonder if Shin-Ah is shoving food down his throat as if it's his last meal.

I wonder if Kija is screaming because of his fear of bugs.

I wonder if I'll ever meet the Yellow Dragon.