Empath

by @MiyaHikari

I don't even know? XD

Like, if I could ever write a story so beautifully and with such a detailed world, yet well driven and with amazing characters, I might seriously have trouble believing I had written it.

This is so amazing!!!

*sips coffee*

AMAziNG

♥️ I love the characters. I love them. They're each so well introduced and unique. Like, who gives a character a bucket of sweet potatoes in their first scene and says, yep is normal <3 My heart has melted for each and every one of them.

They aren't one dimensional, and develop with the story naturally. They feel like real people. Let's just be honest for a minute: THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE. They have become real people as of right now. Stamp of approval for reality, and can I meet them first please? I just.... *screams*

♥️ The world is beyond spectacular

♥️ The world is beyond spectacular. I have no idea how the author did it. Either a ton of planning and world building before starting writing, or by the seat of her pants in geniusness. Either way, it's absolutely spectacular.

I very very much appreciated that everything isn't dumped on the reader from the beginning. I know the reader feels the suspense of not knowing everything at the get go, which drives the story, but also I always feel like dumping all the facts about the world in the first two chapters drowns the reader.

Drowning is not fun. So thank you for letting me live a bit longer.

♥️ I really like the political side. Like, I know a lot of people don't like politics? or they absolutely love them. BUT I waaaaaaaaay can appreciate politics in a story. It's hard to develop politics for a fiction, but it's soooooo good when you do it right because it just adds so much depth and a lot of tension. This story does it wonderfully and I'm excited to see how it turns out.

                                 So I'm going to try to think of some thingssssssssssssssss:

- If I have a suggestion, I think as the story develops, more examples about what the other groups can do. I believe we have a general idea about each one from the train ride and Yuri's wonderful reciting, but if we could see more details, I think it would broaden the world out. So far we're getting a lot of information on the Empaths, WHICH IS NATURAL AND AS IT SHOULD BE SINCE THE MAIN CHARACTER IS ONE ;) but I am also fascinated by the other groups, and we haven't seen much of them.

I'm assuming this will happen as classes start (in the story) and she meets up with people from the other groups as well. 

- I think (and yet again, this might be something the author already planned to do, but I'm going to add my voice to the petition) seeing Miyuki using the things she is learning outside of Kaya's whacking her over the head to try to get her to learn would put them into perspective?

XD I'm digging at the bottom of the barrel to try to come up with something to say because I honestly think this story is well done to the level of a published book.

I really am looking forward to reading more of this wonderful story ♥️

Time Stamp: 5-16-2020 (note: review will be updated once the story is finished)