When He Calls Us Home

by @whisperingofpages

I stayed up waaaaaaaay late (for me) to finish this XD and I'm still trying to get over the ending.

First off, the cover is wonderful, and I think the picture chosen for the main character was perfect. Not everyone is going to picture her that way, but I liked it.

This story was professionally written. Like, there have been only a few stories on Wattpad that I enjoyed so much and were so well written that I forgot I wasn't reading a book I checked out of my library. This is one of them XD silly, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up.

It's the best feeling in the world and I VERY much appreciate the level of attention and skill it takes from the writer to create a story that completely absorbs the reader.

The characters are fabulous

The characters are fabulous. Like, I am clueless about Chris Evans but I absolutely loved him in this. The main character is a gem, and I loved hanging out with her. How she looked at the world was wonderful and unique. Everything was bright and colorful, little details came into focus.

So this is a cold case mystery. I can't usually read mysteries.... heh heh.... because they get dark and I'm sensitive to evil and scary stuff. Like my heart gets pounding when I watch Miraculous so.

But this didn't get dark. Like I might have gotten freaked out the first time she read the case file, but I really appreciated how the story stayed bright and Christian despite it dealing with kidnapping.

The ending was a bash across the head but beautiful at the same time. I was in shock but it was perfect, and heart breaking. My heart is still off-kilter about it, but it's definitely going to be one of those special few endings that I remember forever.

Time Stamp: 5-13-2020