~Ch. 15 - 10 Million~

Start from the beginning

"Y/N COMES OUT IN SECOND PLACE DESPITE BEING IN FIRST MOST THE ROUND! SHE LEFT ANOTHER SURPRISE FOR THOSE BEHIND HER THOUGH!"

You looked around for Deku and spotted him ahead of you.

"DEKU!" You screamed as you ran over to him and hugged him. "I am so happy for you! You did amazing and haven't even used your quirk yet!"

"Thank you but y/n, you were in the lead! This should be your win..."

"Oh shut up! It was unfair. I have what, like a million quirks? I didn't deserve the win. Besides, Ill beat your ass next year, no holding back!" You say with a smile and a wink. You both start to laugh together.

(Just btw- you guys have a more sibling-like relationship than a romantic one so he isn't all embarrassed around you like Uraraka)

~Time Skip to next round~

"The top 42 make it into the next round! Don't worry if you didn't make it, there are other chances for you to shine!" Midnight says at the stand, "The real challenge is next!"

"Cavalry Battle!"

'Oh yay! I always loved these!'

"You can form teams of 2 to 4. Basically the same as a regular Calvery battle... but one difference! Everyone is assigned a point value based on their place in the last game," Midnight explains, "and the first-place winner of the first battle has 10 million points!"

You immediately feel your heart sink as you realize what this means. EVERYONE will be after Deku.

'Welp shit... I gotta fix this and protect him. No way I'm letting him lose before he can fight.'

"Heres the rules of the battle. The time limit is 15 minutes. Each team is worth the total of the team's points. The rider will wear a headband with that number on their forehead. Stolen bands are worn from the neck up. Even if your band gets stolen or your team falls, you are still in it. Fight with your quirks. You have 15 minutes to make your teams! Let's start!"

You immediately walk towards Deku who seemed to be falling apart.

"Hey 10 million, you wanna be a team?" You ask him.

"ARE YOU SURE? EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE AFTER US BECAUSE OF THE 10 MILLION AN-"

"Hey, relax dude, it's okay!" you try to reassure him as you take a step closer. "Uraraka!" You call out to the brunette as she approaches. "Wanna join us?"

"Of course! All we have to do is run away the whole time, right?" Uraraka asked.

"Yep!"

"Bu-But guys... You must be overestimating me..." Deku finally calmed down a bit.

"It's better to make a team of who you get along with any way!" Uraraka said excitedly. "Wait, why do you look like that?"

Deku covered his face. "Oh... Its just that you are so bright that I can't look straight at you... I wanted to team up with you guys too! Thanks!"

"Okay so..." you start off, "Let's get to business. We should team up with someone strong too. We just need one more person... someone who can team up with us all."

"HELLO, 10 Million!" Said a cheerful girl, "I'm Mei Hatsume, from the support course!" She began to ramble about her 'babies' and you really didn't pay much attention as you were still planning.

'She has a lot of equipment, and she's confident. She can prove to be a good asset. If she and Uraraka were in the back and I was in the front we would have a good unit. Deku could be our rider...'