ii.

𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 ℜ𝔬𝔬𝔱𝔰
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔦𝔦.

★彡

"Excuse me sir, may I purchase a pack of cigarettes?"

★彡

Right now, Doyoung stood inside a normal convenience store that lived by the corner.
It was a nice and cosy little place that wasn't visited quite often. However, that didn't really matter right now. He was trying to get his hands on something he technically wasn't allowed to. It was his first time doing this sort of thing, and, he was jittering his right leg up and down, nervous. It was quite obvious.

The employee furrowed their eyebrows at the boy.
It made Doyoung try to avoid their gaze.

They huffed, looking what seemed to be disappointed but surely not the slightest bit surprised, and laid their small hands on their hips.

"Aren't you a little too young to be smoking?"

Actually, they themselves, had smooth porcelain looking skin and hair that was far from turning grey.
They were probably only a few years older than Doyoung, but the boy was still quite fidgety.

Doyoung twiddled with his thumbs behind the counter and said, "it isn't what you think sir! It isn't for me...
It's for um, someone else... Just a friend of mine." Well technically the only part where he was lying was about Jaehyun being his friend.

"Then why would you buy it for them?"
The employee interrogated as the younger male gulped down all his fear.
"And wouldn't your friend be in highschool if you are, too?"

"Um..." he stuttered, "n-no, he's not actually! He's way older than me... And um, asked for me to buy it for him.
I promise that it's not for me," he nervously shook his head trying to persuade the employee.
But that was definitely a lie.

They looked at him sternly but sighed, turning around. "Brand?"

"U-uh... Raison Black, please..."

While scanning their eyes around the shelf, they said,
"actually, fun fact, Raison Black doesn't have as much tar and nicotine as other Raison brands."

"That's interesting, sir."
Doyoung laughed awkwardly.

The employee placed the packet of cigarettes on the counter and scanned it. It made a loud beep.

"45,000 won."

Doyoung let out a breath of relief and reached into his pocket.
He handed the employee some crumpled up notes and took the pack with him,
trying his best to rush out of the convenience store as fast as he could.

"Hold on, kid!"

The raven haired male slowly turned around, anxious.

"I trust that you didn't lie and that they're not for you. The rest I really don't buy,"
they pressed their lips together with their eyebrows slanted downwards.