Doubting happiness

Börja om från början

While riding in the car listening to the music play and windows down I got a txt message.

REGINA: Hey cousin. Don't think I didn't notice that play you were getting at the shop. 😏

RAI: Why cousin I have no idea what your speaking of 😜. Iam a happily engaged, innocent, very pregnant I might add, upstanding woman 😅😅.

REGINA: Oh, well in that case when Adonis text you just ignore him 😝😬.

RAI: WHAT?! You gave him my number🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. Oh lord, you really trying to get me murdered.

REGINA: Relax cousin, your not interested RIGHT 🤪🤪. So just tell him this when he texts you. 🤣🤣.

I shook my head and thought about that smile. "You hungry?" Maurice voice brought me back to reality. I sighed and looked out the window at the scenes we passed by. Since we were in no hurry we were just coasting. "Aren't we always?" My response was dry. "Got a taste for something specific? Pancakes?" He had turned the music down so apparently he wanted to talk. "Pancakes are fine." I turned my attention back to my phone and decided to text Malik

RAI: OMGosh so bored....bedrest is driving me crazy. 🤯🤯

MALIK: 😂 you to rest sweetie, you got a hard road ahead of you.

RAI: Tell me about it! I'm secretively nervous. 😬😬

"Who is that?" Maurice asked me. I put my phone back in my purse and sighed. "It was just a text message." I could see his eyebrows raise from his profile. "I didn't say what was that! I asked WHO it was?" Smacking my teeth I hesitated. The last time he was brought up I had a gun shoved in my face, so should I even mention it? Or should I lie? " I asked you a question Raichelle!" He gripped the steering wheel. "It was just a friend." I said and bit my bottom lip. He reached over and grabbed my purse. "What are you doing?" I asked while trying to hold on to it. He snatched it and dug until he found my phone. "Are you serious right now?" I asked. Putting my hand on my stomach I start rubbing it. (I honestly think its become a nervous habit, because every time I get over excited or frustrated Simone seems to form a painful knot). "Unlock it!" He yelled at me passing me the phone. Then I guess he changed his mind because he tightened his grip on it "Tell me the password." I huffed and slapped my thigh in frustration. "So now I get my privacy violated?" I asked. "There are no secrets between us!" He chuckled "What is it?" Yeah, how convenient, now that his dirty secret is out we have none between us huh?. "Its the month of our anniversary and the year of my birth!" I wanted to snatch the phone back. We really haven't communicated much since we crossed that friend line, but even when we did our conversations hadn't changed from the way they were before that night. "091983" he said as he typed it in like he was confirming the numbers with me.

MALIK: I hate that you had to go on leave so soon. I miss you already 😔, it's crazy around here🤪.

MALIK: With him watching your every move now we'll never get to chill together until you come back to work 😒😒

Maurice was reading the text messages outloud. "What the fuck!" Pulling the car over he threw the purse at me and rolled down the window while lighting a cigarette. My breathing picked up and I started biting my lip so hard it almost hurt. "Your making a big deal out of nothing baby." I said quietly and started wringing my hands together. Glaring at me "Here we go with that baby shit again huh?!" I ran my hands through my hair, but didn't respond. "Well you tell me how the fuck I'm supposed to take a man wanting to chill with my pregnant fiance? saying he miss her?" I didn't know what to say. He was so angry and I'm guessing anything I said would be wrong. "You ain't got nothing to say huh?!" He got out the truck and started walking over to my side. "Baby please!" I whimpered as he snatched my door open. I just sat still, shit.. I honestly had no clue what else to do at this moment. He shoved the phone at me "text him back!" He was talking through clenched teeth and sounding like he was growling. "Huh?!" Was all I could manage. "Text the muthafucka back!" My hands were shaking as I held the phone, I was honestly afraid of the outcome. I didn't expect him to be so rough and angry with me because I've just recently been introduced to this side of him. I had only known him to be gentle and loving and caring. He could cut you with his words, but I've always felt safe and secure with him no matter how upset he was. Lately....its like someone had released the beast inside of him. I was thinking of all the things I could've done differently to avoid seeing this side of him. He shouted at me and it startled me a bit. Then the knot begin to form in my stomach. "Wait, what? I don't know what to say" I  spoke up finally. "If I wasn't in your phone right now, what would you text back?" He asked me and then it seemed as though he was suddenly calm. That shit didn't seem right to me, after all that yelling and growling he was now speaking calmly. "I..I..." stuttering, because I was too nervous to answer. "Yo, if you say you don't know I swear to God Raichelle" he damn near whispered. " I  can't think straight with you acting like this." Tears started falling down my face. "Your scaring me!" After he was quiet for a few seconds I raised my head slowly and looked into his eyes. I couldn't read the look he was giving me, it was almost as if he were looking through me. Snatching the phone he started texting. "Wait, what are you doing?"  He started walking away from the truck pacing back and forth, his fingers were going a mile a minute and I could hear text message coming in response. I was following trying to take it back. At first I was asking "Please baby...what are you doing?" And "Please, just give me the phone baby" he kept turning away from me and the text message just kept flowing. Finally I got frustrated "Maurice give me back my damn phone! " Stopping in his tracks he had that look again. I  slowly reached for the phone and he raised his hand high and threw it to the ground. The screen shattered. "Why?" I bent to pick it up and he grabbed me and pushed me back to the truck. "Just let me get my phone!" When I didn't get in the car he picked me up and put me in the seat, put my seatbelt on and slammed the door shut. We drove with no other sound than my cries and sniffles. I had so much stored on that sims card. All my pictures and contacts and calendar. OMGosh this dude is fucking crazy. And what the fuck was he saying to Malik? My stomach had started cramping a bit.