𝟔 ➣ 𝘏𝘈𝘙𝘙𝘠 𝘗𝘖𝘛𝘛𝘌𝘙

HARRY MADE HIS WAY to Madam Pomfrey, who wasn't in the least surprised to see him. He had visited her frequently now, all because his scar kept on hurting and bleeding whenever Lin was around. But of course he didn't tell Madam Pomfrey about this, or Dumbledore. The only people who knew about this was him, Lin and Hermione. He ached to tell Ron but Ron had changed. He exploded frequently at the tiniest of things.

Once he was done at Madam Pomfrey, he quickly made his way down to the Great Hall, where he sat down with Ron and Hermione. He scanned the Slytherin table, quickly noticing Malfoy, but anyone would notice Malfoy from a mile away. Lin sat next to Malfoy, Goyle on her right, and Blaise firmly next to Malfoy. Harry hissed in pain when his scar hurt, but thankfully, no blood.

"You okay there mate?" Ron asked and Harry looked at him. He looked less angry today and Harry wondered what happened.

"Fine, this soup is just really hot." Harry knew Ron wasn't an idiot and Harry knew Ron knew he hadn't even begun eating. He was too preoccupied in his own thoughts to think about food, let alone eat.

"Stop lying to me mate." Ron said and Harry sighed. What was he thinking? Hiding all this from his best friend?

"I confronted Lin in the library this afternoon about her wanting to kill Luna." He said, staring at his brown soup and all it's contents. He noticed a piece of chicken floating and he knew Ron would like that.

"Are you bonkers Harry?!" Hermione had hissed, inching forward and ignored the look Neville gave her when she accidentally plunged her hand in his soup, though it didn't seem as though she noticed. "She could have seriously hurt you or even worse, have killed you!"

"I know, I wasn't thinking at the time okay?" Harry said, scanning the Slytherin table again. His eyes had landed on a laughing Malfoy and a laughing Lin. He ignored his scar. "I just don't get why my scar hurts when I see her. My scar only hurts when Voldemort is near. Do you think she might be another Quirrell?" He pointed to Hermione's hand. "I think you owe Neville a new bowl of soup."

Hermione flushed a bright red, apologized to Neville, cleaned herself up with a spell and gave Neville her soup, for she hadn't touched it. "I hardly doubt that." Hermione said. "You fought him last year, he was fully human. Well as human as a monster like him can be."

"Then I don't know." He admitted.

"She gives me the creeps. She has no emotions." Ron said, glancing back at the Slytherin table, and noticed that Lin was too comfortable with Malfoy, for he had placed a hand on her shoulder and even though Goyle looked like he was going to rip him in shreds, Lin did nothing but eat her food. "Bloody emotionless freak."

"Have you heard?" Hermione said, deciding to change the topic. Harry thanked her with his green eyes. "Cedric Diggory asked Cho Chang out and when she refused, he went to Mae Chang, her cousin."

"He's a sad child." Ron said and Hermione glared at him. "I mean I wouldn't blame him for it, Voldemort did kill his girlfriend after all."

"Not a pretty picture, I tell you." Harry said, suddenly hissing in pain when his scar hurt and automatically, his hand flew to it, coming back with a substance that wasn't blood. It was inky black, and thicker and shinier.

He turned to show Hermione but was shocked to see her frozen in place, in fact, everyone was frozen in place, everyone except him and Lin. Harry should've known she was capable of something like this, he shouldn't have underestimated her.

"What have you done to them?" Harry growled in anger.

"Nothing, we are in your mind. You passed out from the pain." Lin shrugged, smiling.

"What are you?" Harry hissed at her and watched as she laughed. She sounded almost human laughing.

"Straight to the point I see."

"Answer me!" He hissed in anger and Lin sighed.

"Not human, human, you choose." Lin replied with a sigh. "I've been told monster, emotionless freak, demon. Honestly, take your pick."

"Doesn't it bother you when they call you names?" Harry asked, genuinely concerned about Lin now. He wasn't sure she was as monster as he thought before.

"It doesn't bother me when they're right." Harry was about to ask what she meant by that but Lin flicked her wrist at his forehead. "Wake up."

**

Harry found himself at the Hospital Wing when his eyes creaked open. There was someone yelling orders at someone and someone else sniffing. Hermione was beside him, reading or at least trying to. Ron was nowhere to be seen, and it stung Harry so he guessed Ron was just asleep or he was too busy stuffing his face.

"Malfoy has been barking like that at Madam Pomfrey since dinner last night." Hermione sighed and put her book down. Harry noticed that it was the English version of what Lin was reading in French. "Here are your glasses."

Thankfully, the world stopped being blurry the minute he put his glasses on. "How long have I been here?"

"Since this morning, and Lin since last night." Hermione said, glancing over at Lin's unconscious body and the horde of people beside it. Goyle was crying, Blaise was comforting Goyle, Malfoy was red with rage as he continued to yell at Madam Pomfrey and Pansy sat on Lin's other side, holding her limp milky hand.

"What happened? It's all a blur."

"You went to bed last night complaining about a headache, and refused to see Madam Pomfrey about it. You collapsed this morning in Charms." Hermione sighed. "Lin on the other hand, she collapsed on the way to the dungeons. At least that's what Peeves and her friends told Dumbledore. She hasn't woken up since."

"Mr Potter, you're awake. How's your head?" Madam Pomfrey asked and Harry shrugged. There was a dull aching but that was about it.

"There's a dull aching." He replied and Madam Pomfrey whipped something up for him to drink. Harry gulped it down, not bothering to react to the bitter taste.

"Harry, there's something you need to know. Something happened before you collapsed."

"What is it?"

"Your scar, it began shining and oozed some black substance." Hermione sighed. "We had no choice but to contact as least someone who we thought would help us. I'm sorry Harry."

Harry didn't care about who they had contacted, as long as he can figure out what Lin was.