𝟕 ➣ 𝘊𝘏𝘐𝘠𝘖 𝘛𝘈𝘒𝘈𝘖

CHIYO AND SAMANTHA WERE sitting beside Lin's cold, unmoving body. She wasn't dead, but they didn't know what was wrong with her. That's why they called Chiyo, and Samantha decided to drag along. They were moving her to St Mungos if she didn't wake up today, for it has been a week already.

"Do you know what's wrong with her?" Samantha asked as Chiyo held Lin's cold hand.

"It's begun." Chiyo replied and Samantha raised a brow at her and Chiyo sighed. "I'm sorry Lin. We're not going to move her to St Mungos, she stays here."

"You heard the matron love, she can't wake Lin up and maybe the healers at St Mungos can." Samantha said but Chiyo shook her head. "Don't risk Lin's life."

"Lin's life was in risk the moment we found out about it." Chiyo replied. She hadn't told Samantha about the situation because she didn't know what to say. Oh hey, by the way, I am what the muggles call a demon as well as Lin and she has to destroy the world. That conversation wouldn't go down well at all.

"Explain." Samantha said, running a hand through her ginger hair before looking at Chiyo. "Now love, not any other day, not today, now." Samantha sighed. "You're lying to me and I think I deserve to know why."

Chiyo sighed. She guessed she could tell her fragments of the truth, after all Samantha has been with her for over seven years now. "When Lin was born, she died with her mother. I panicked and did the only thing I thought was right, I gave her a part of my soul, unbeknownst to me that I'd be giving her my abilities."

"What abilities?"

"Lin's mother didn't want me near her while she was pregnant, thinking that I'd take her child." She ignored Samantha. She'd answer that question later on. "Samantha, Lin and I, we're not what you think we are."

"I don't care about that Chiyo." Samantha said. "I asked a question. What abilities?"

"I can't tell you that. You'd leave me." She sighed. "My kind are not supposed to feel any type of emotions, they're not supposed to fall in love but I love you Samantha, and I can't loose you just yet." Chiyo stood up, letting go of Lin's limp hand. "I need to find the loo."

**

Chiyo went home with Samantha the minute they could leave. Lin was still unconscious, Samantha was worried she might die of hunger but Chiyo wasn't in the least worried about that. She was worried that Lin would wake up, and go on a killing spree. This was why she should've joined the Dark Lord, rather than Draco, who didn't have any special abilities or darkness looming inside him.

"You were never going to tell me, were you?" Samantha said, slipping into her night gown.

"No, I wasn't planning on it." Chiyo replied honestly and Samantha gaped at her, shocked.

"But why?"

"Here's the thing Samantha. We have wizards, witches, muggles, squibs, halfbreeds, magical creatures and then there's us. People who don't understand our origins call us demons. They're right of course but we don't call ourselves that."

"I don't think I've ever been this confused." Samantha said, furrowing her brow.

"I wasn't going to tell you love, but I figured since I'm going to die, you need to know." Chiyo didn't give her the time to react to this. "My grandfather's grandfather fell in love one day, with what they call a demon. That, like I said so many times, isn't the correct term. We are called Dires. Muggles have created tales of us and the wizards have been killing off our kind for centuries. Me working at the Ministry is a huge risk but your scent and aura I suppose is covering me."

"You've been using me?" Samantha asked, truly hurt and Chiyo sighed.

"At first, yes, but then I fell in love with you. I denied it for a long time, for we Dires don't fall in love, we simply use." Chiyo honestly replied.

Samantha stood up. "I'm sorry," She said, swallowing hard. "This is a lot to take in. I'm going home." Chiyo didn't know when or how, but when she left she noticed Samantha left her ring behind, taunting her.

**

Lin woke up two days after Samantha left Chiyo. She had avoided Chiyo at work and even though Chiyo loved her, it didn't bother her. She just knew Samantha would come back. It might take a while but she'll be back.

"How long have I been out?" Lin asked her aunt, who looked at Goyle. His eyes were red and puffy. If only he knew Lin was using him to mask herself.

"About two weeks. They say you dragged Potter with the first day." Chiyo carefully watched her reaction, though all she did was press her lips into a line.

"I know, it wasn't intentionally though." Lin said and she noticed Goyle for the first time. "Greg, you're here, I thought you'd be on your tenth girl by now."

"I'd never." He sniffed and Chiyo analyzed their intertwined hands. She was puzzled. Was she like her now? "You know I'd rather die than desert you, especially when you need me most."

"Samantha left me Lin, because I told her the truth. I only told her because I was sure I was going to die."

"You'll find a better person to love aunt, Samantha wasn't the right one for you. She would've stuck by your side the minute you told her of our true identities. She would've stayed when you told her about the Ministry wanting to murder our kind because they fear what they can't understand." Lin pointed out.

Chiyo sighed, opening her hand to look at the the slim golden ring she had given Samantha as a token of their love, only to have Samantha throw it back in her face. "If only it was as easy as you say it Lin. I'm afraid it's quite impossible to find another for there is no other like her."