Flashback.

"You want me to do what?!" I yelled at Kim unfazed by how loud I was.

"Well, you're the only one I know that doesn't drink besides my brother and I'm planning on getting drunk...so is Lexi and Dayna and who's gonna drive us back home?" Kim's eyes glistened with hope as she stared at me waiting for me to say yes.

"Never! Parties and I don't match. People like me don't belong there." I was being stubborn.

"Claire, pleassseee!" Kim whined.

"Why don't you ask Dean?!" I suggested feeling irritated.

"I did! He was just as stubborn as you!" she cried.

"No is no, Kim." I stated firmly.

"But-" Kim tried to talk.

"No 'buts'." I told her.

"Pleassseee!" she begged.

"FINE!" I yelled "Just stop begging me! God!" I massaged my temples.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Kim squealed and jumped into my arms.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay, okay." I shrugged her off of me.

I didn't like the amount of affection she gave. It reminded me of Beth. She was only fifteen years old when she died.

I thought about the day we met...we were both young and she was the more carefree and outspoken one while I'd always been the shy one.

*flashback*

Claire was sitting on a swing because she couldn't seem to find her mother anywhere. She was just sitting there swaying back and forth on the swing waiting for her mother to come fetch her.

She could feel the breeze hit her body as she swung on the swing.

"Hello! Mind if I also swing?" she heard a sweet, friendly voice ask.

She looked to see the person and saw a girl who looked about the same age as her with green eyes and auburn hair.

"Sure." Claire smiled and hopped off so that the little girl could get on.

When she got on Claire told her she'd push her while she was on the swing which the girl thanked her for.

"My name's Bethany! What's yours?" the girl asked with enthusiasm.

"Claire." Claire told Bethany shyly.

"Nice to meet you Claire!" Beth exclaimed.

"You too!" Claire said quietly. Her mother always said it was polite to say nice to meet you after you meet someone new.

Beth gave Claire a tight hug which Claire responded by wrapping her arms around the red head.

"How old are you?" Claire asked hoping the two could become friends.

"Seven!" The red head exclaimed holding up seven fingers.

"Me too!" Claire did the same with a proud smile plastered on her face.

"Let's be friends! Bestfriends!" Bethany suggested.

"Okay!" Claire agreed with a giggle.

Bethany embraced Claire once again in a tight hug and put a handmade bracelet in Claire's hand.

It's beads were all different shapes and sizes making the bracelet look unique.

"Here. It's mine, but you can have it. To say that we're bestfriends." Beth told Claire.

Claire grinned and said thank you. She loosened the necklace she had just made a few days ago and gave it to Bethany.

The necklace was made of black fake leather with a silver lucky charm heart in the middle and two blue beads placed on either side of the heart.

"It's beautiful!" Bethany gasped quickly tying it securely around her neck.

"Claire!" Claire's mom called from a bench nearby.

"Well, see you around Claire!" Beth hugged Claire for the third time after they had just met which surprised Claire.

"Bye!" Claire waved at Bethany running to her mom to tell her about the events that had just taken place.

*end of flashback*

I felt my eyes start to water and quickly looked up at the ceiling trying to blink the tears away.

"Do I have to change into other clothes?" I asked still recovering from my almost broken state.

"Nah, the people there aren't really judgemental." Kim reassured.

I mentally fist pumped and asked, "So when are we leaving?"

"As soon as Lexi and Dayna gets here." Just as the words slipped Kim's mouth, the doorbell rang.

"That must be them!" she chirped running to the door.

So the plan is to lock yourself in a room and don't come out unless one of them has to leave. Got it? Got it.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Dayna and Lexi in front of me. Dayna looking elegant with a white dress that ended about a hand above the knee and white beachy wedges with her hair styled neatly in a bun with loose curls sticking out here and there. Her makeup was natural with some mascara and lipgloss. To top it off she wore silver hoop earrings that brought out her high cheekbones and her slim face.

Dayna is African-American, while Kim, Lexi and I are white.

Lexi on the other hand went for something that made her look more edgy and daring, the complete opposite to Dayna.

She wore black 9 inch heals, a black dress that hardly covered her bottom and heavy, smokey eyed make up along with chunky jewellery and a choker necklace. Her blonde hair was loose, flowing down her back till her but and her whole outfit spelt slut. She definitely wanted to get laid tonight.

Kim on the other hand was a different story, she just wore something she thought flattered her body so that her boyfriends attention will only be on her.

She wore red heels and a red dress that hugged her in all the right places she had red lipstick and minimal makeup with her hair down. Although she didn't dress for the wrong reason, I was still disappointed in her outfit choice.

"What's it doing here?" Lexi's annoying voice filled the room looking pointedly at me.

"It is taking us to the party." I told her as a matter of fact.

"Hi Dayna!" I smiled at her before Lexi could answer.

Dayna grinned and said, "Hey Claire!"

I knew Dayna from my Math class. You could say we were friends but I wouldn't. We only talked in math class when we discuss formula's and stuff. You wouldn't think so, but Dayna is actually really smart. We both were in the top set for math.

"Kim?!" Lexi asked Kim shocked.

"Lexi." Kim warned her so called friend. "Be nice."

Lexi grumbled and then finally managed an 'okay'.

"So shall we go then?" Kim suggested.

"Whatever." "Okay." "Cool." was heard amongst Lexi, Dayna and I.

If you can guess who the 'whatever' came from...well done! You've got brains.

It came from the pissed off Lexi.

"So shall we get in the car?" I asked Kim clearly hearing Lexi mimick me. Of course, I ignored her.