Rock Climbing.

"Claire Rivers and Dean Gray. You're up next, get ready!" Mr. Lachowski, the gym educator called from the other side of the room. Mr. Lachowski is in his mid-thirties and quite a pervert. I must say he does look good for his age, but other than that he's a complete douche.

I looked at Dean and nodded slightly giving him a comforting smile. "You'll be fine."

"I hope." his breathing wavered as he spoke. "It'll be fine, I promise!" I said warmly.

"This doesn't mean we're friends, Rivers." Dean cocked a brow.

I rolled my eyes. "C'mon, lets just go."

Was I gonna give up my awesome mark or help Dean into first team basketball?

On other circumstance I'd go with the first option, but either way I'd still be awesome. I'll be an awesome friend and help a brotha out.

"Be lucky I'm giving up my mark for you. It's not every day you get that kind of opportunity." I told Dean quietly.

"Whatever." he grumbled.

"Oh, so you don't want my help you say." I said playfully.

"N-no! I didn't say that!" He quickly said.

"Claire and Dean! What are we waiting for!" Mr. Lachowski shouted.

"I don't know what you're waiting for, but I can't wait to get home." I told him sarcastically.

"And I can't wait to get your sorry ass in detention Miss Rivers." He looked at me with a poker face.

I just stood there trying to think of a comeback but nothing seemed to have sounded suitable. Man, I just got outwitted by a teacher.

We hurried to him and buckled up. I looked at Dean who was already looking at me. "You can do this! Just listen to me."

He nodded his head slightly. "Okay, now think of something you really really like and focus on that...don't look down." I quickly explained.

"Let's do this!" I said rather loudly, causing everyone to burst out laughing, including Dean and Mr. Lachowski. 

It's good to see I'm lightening up the mood a bit. I knew a few people in this class that's also afraid of hights. Nah, who am I kidding? I saw them either biting their nails or looking around nervously. Their whole body gave it away.

"Ready?" I asked Dean. He nodded. "Remember what I told you?" I asked again. He looked like he was trying to think back to what I said and finally said, "Ya."

"I can do this!" he looked up at the wall bravely. "I can't do this." he said, all traces of bravery now gone.

"Just do it you big baby!" I scolded him.