Yanli sighed.

"And, Wei Ying wouldn't allow anyone near himself, not even us. That is when for the first time Wanyin approached him. He calmed him by hugging him tight and cuddling to him, stroking his back, and though at first Wei Ying struggled hard by trying to push him off and scratch him but ultimately he gave up and hugged him back, tight, sobbing. He kept sniffing Wanyin. He sniffed him even in his sleep, to make sure he's not gone and his familiar scent calmed A Ying down and gave him a feeling of being secure. And as per you, he still has that habit. He does the same with you too. Doesn't he? "

Wangji nodded. Yanli smiled and continued.

"He only does it to them whom he trusts blindly. Who makes him feel secure. Their natural familiar manly scent, makes him feel assured and safe. Wanyin was 16 and A Xian was 11 at that time. And since then, whenever A Xian had mood swings, Wanyin would approached him. And on seeing Wanyin, Wei Ying would just extend his hands with pleading tearful eyes. Once Wanyin took him in his embrace, he would simply doze off comfortably & peacefully. It didn't happen overnight though, but gradually. Wanyin spent many days and nights coaxing and babysitting Wei Ying before Wei Ying started trusting him blindly. "

Yanli giggled before continuing.

"Many nights Wanyin would even babysit him to sleep, willingly. And all these made our mother crazy with rage. But Wanyin was far from listening to her or staying away from A Xian. On the contrary, he started enjoying his closeness to Wei Ying. Wei Ying's reliance, tantrums made him feel happy & special. He fulfilled his every wish, from small to big at the merest whimper.....protected him and kept him away from all other people, even his childhood friends. And Wei Ying never questioned Wanyin's decision or act...he would obediently comply his every instruction...."

Fengmian proceeded from there.

"And exactly one and a half year later, Zixun and his gang tried to molest Wei Ying. And Wanyin almost lost his life while saving Wei Ying. Don't even ask about his mother's reaction!!!! She almost burnt down the lotus pier...but still could not distance Wanyin from A Xian.. But that incident alerted Wanyin and he hired Zhao Zhúliú."

Fengmian paused a little before continuing.

"Zhao Zhúliú was trustworthy and had recently lost his younger brother of the same age as Wei Ying. And Jiang family had helped him a lot with the treatment expenditure of his younger brother. Zhuliu saw his younger brother in Wei Ying and made sure, Wei Ying was always safe, away from everyone else because.....well, Wanyin made sure no other male/female trespasses his territory. His territory being Wei Wuxian.... Cause by then, he had become very possessive about Wei Ying.He made sure A Ying had no close friend except him and Zhao Zhúliú. "

Fengmian took a deep sigh. Wangji listened patiently as Yanli took over from there.

"Basically, Wanyin brainwashed A Xian, that others could take advantage of him or harm him. And Wei Ying? Well, Wei Ying trusted and still trusts Wanyin more than his life and god. Since the Zixun incident, whatever Wanyin said A Ying followed like an obedient puppy to his master. I shouldn't be saying likewise, but now that I think, it was blind faith and deep trust that pushed Wei Ying closer to Wanyin. Not love. Once if Wanyin said something, that's the truth for Ying. Even if god said that it wasn't true, A Ying won't believe. Gege said, means it's the only truth. Wanyin's every word was like a deep scratch mark on rock in A Ying's heart. Whatever you do, it couldn't be erased."