When Jeongguk returns home that night, Taehyung is sitting at the table, in the midst of filling out and filing some documents (it's a start, at least).
He gives him a hopeful smile, but the one Jeongguk returns is quick and doesn't reach his eyes at all. A nasty feeling tightens Taehyung's chest.

"Hey," he says carefully, "How was work?"

"Alright," Jeongguk mumbles, kicking his shoes off, "Gonna take a shower."

"Okay."

Jeongguk walks into the bedroom; Taehyung gets up and follows him unnoticed, suddenly feeling jittery.
Jeongguk stops in the middle of the bathroom; Taehyung stays in the doorway, waiting with a growing grin. Jeongguk stares at the bathtub filled with hot water and the candles standing on the edge, the light flickering happily and making their shadows jump across the walls.

It feels like an eternity passes until Jeongguk turns around to look at Taehyung. There is a softness in his eyes that he obviously tries to hide.

"Surprise," Taehyung breathes, "I, uh... yeah. Surprise."

Jeongguk keeps his gaze on the water for a few moments, then turns back to Taehyung.
"Alright," he says. Taehyung swallows hard and takes a deep breath, gathering up all the courage he can somehow muster.

"And I'm sorry. For... the things I said. I love you, and I'm glad you worry about me because I worry about you. I think I just felt a bit cornered. You were right, the whole situation was overwhelming and my emotions got the best of me. I'm sorry."

Jeongguk's expression remains unreadable for a few more moments until he finally breaks. He sighs, head hanging low.
"It's okay," he says, "I'm sorry, too. I guess I didn't expect you to be so passionate about this whole project and it confused me to see you like that. I should have dropped the matter and brought it up after you'd have calmed down. I know that you tend to lose yourself in such things at times."

"It's fine," Taehyung says, "You didn't really do anything wrong. But I figured you'd be stressed from work and I thought that maybe a hot bath would help. I don't think cooking you dinner would have helped."
They both chuckle. Jeongguk shrugs.

"We can cook together later if you want to."

Taehyung nods. "That would be nice."
He turns away, ready to leave Jeongguk alone to take the bath when the man clears his throat.

"Where are you going?" he asks, a shy blush on his cheeks, "Don't you wanna get in with me?"

Taehyung raises his eyebrows. "Oh?"

"I mean," Jeongguk quickly says, rubbing the back of his neck, "I think I booked the Taehyung-inclusive packet."

Oh. Taehyung grins fondly.
"Alright," he says, stepping closer and pushing the hem of Jeongguk's shirt up until he can pull it over his head, "Then your wish shall be granted."
Jeongguk grins and leans in. The touch of his lips is a true salvation; all at once, Taehyung's body is at ease. He sighs into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Jeongguk's neck to hold him close.
It hasn't even been a full day since their last kiss yet he feels deprived like a dehydrated man in the desert.
"I love you," he mumbles against Jeongguk's lips, "so much."

Jeongguk's hand moves to the back of Taehyung's head. "I love you, too."

"I'm sorry."

They break apart to take the rest of their clothes off. Jeongguk slips into the tub first, hissing at the hotness. Taehyung settles in between his legs, back pressed against Jeongguk's chest.

"This is nice," Jeongguk sighs, leaning his head back, "I could get used to this."

Taehyung closes his eyes. He runs his fingers up and down Jeongguk's arm that's resting on the rim of the bathtub, watches the soft hairs rise.