“Thoth, Medb, Morrigan. To me.” Thorne ordered. Medb and Morrigan both jumped down from their marauders and moved over. “We need to get passed them, the marauders are going to be the distraction but I don’t want you two to be inside, how long will it take to set them for automatic fire and self-destruct when over whelmed?” Thorne asked quickly

                “Twenty minutes” Thoth replied without hesitation

                “With our help, more like ten.” Morrigan corrected with Medb nodding in agreement.

                “Good, we’re headed there” Thorne pointed to one of the smaller holes into the mountain. “Set it so they won’t see us run in” Thorne said

                “Yes Sir” They said in unison and moved off. Thorne watched as Morrigan indicated Lieutenant Simmons should get down. He looked a little shaky as he walked over.

                “Black zero-one, eyes open I don’t want us seen, if anything spots us wipe it out swiftly and as quietly as possible.” Thorne said to the unit. They moved out behind cover in a rough circle watching the land, horizon and sky.

                “What are you planning?” Simmons stood glaring at Thorne.

                “I believe you’ve missed a word in you last sentence.” Thorne replied returning the gaze. Simmons broke quickly, not many people could hold the stare of a psychic for longer than a few moments.

                “Sir what is the plan?” Simmons through gritted teeth with his eyes downcast

                “Better. We’re entering that mountain and destroying the bugs FTL system” Thorne replied

                “That’s insane. You have no idea how many bugs are in there or if there is any method of destroying whatever you think is there, we should wait for evac.” Simmons said, he looked paler Thorne realised.

                “There will not be any recovery for us until forty-eight hours are up. If your ship was not in place for collection your orders, as I wrote them, were to wait in the asteroid field and collect us at the designated time and then we would all evac. I believe you might be slowing us down” Thorne’s hand drifted towards his pistol. Simmons was aggravating him and at this rate he would put the mission at risk. Simmons watched the hand drift and began raising his pistol slowly.

                “That would be the worst career move you’ve ever made” Olwen whispered in to his ear. She’d moved up without Thorne or Simmons noticing and she had one of her machete blades pressing against his throat. “Now lower the pistol.” She ordered him, and he complied. “Orders sir?” Thorne was both pleased and slightly disturbed about her dark tone of voice.

                “Release the Lieutenant. I think he gets the point.” Thorne said. Olwen slowly removed the blade and disappeared back to her position. “Be quiet and follow orders, right now I’m God and these are zealots. Do you get me?” Thorne almost growled at Simmons. He didn’t reply, just nodded and moved to a rock furthest away from any trooper.

                “Sir.” Oakham spoke through the internal comm. Thorne flicked a switch and turned the line secure between the two of them.

                “Yes Sergeant” He replied

                “Well handled, just a little note on Olwen as I’m not sure if it’s in her file. She used to be the squads sniper and trained for deep infiltration, but her own love of blades and unarmed combat made her unreliable at long distances from a unit. She used to start fights with warrior bugs. You’ve earned her respect as usually if non infantry act like that in her presence, she kills them. No one disrespects the Mobile Infantry in front of her.” Oakham said as if telling a bed time story