chapter nine,

Niall woke up being cuddled by Eva, she was a sight to see. 

Not because she looked pretty but because she looked funny. Cute. But still funny.

Niall smiled before rubbing his eyes and yawning. He gently got out from under Eva and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face.

When he entered the living room again he saw Eva snuggling the couch pillow.

"How I've been so easily replaced." Niall whispered before draping the quilt over her and kissing her temple.

He made his way to the kitchen with a mission to impress Eva with his amazing pancakes.

He took everything out and placed the items on the counter before he began cooking, softly humming.

His own song kept replaying in his head. Since We're Alone.

Since we're alone
Yeah, you can show me your heart

He wondered if Eva was as interested in him as he was in her. He wanted to know everything about her. He wanted to know things about her no one else knew. It would make him special.

If you put it all in my hand
No, I swear
No, I won't break it apart

But she didn't seem to be afraid of anything, on the contrary, she seemed ready to start a relationship with Niall. He loved how morally stable she was, maybe it was Niall's past short-lived relationships speaking but he wanted to settle down. And Eva seemed like someone who dated for that purpose.

Hold up, marriage? He thought. Already? You're thinking about that already? I mean I know people say that when they're the one, you know but it's only been a few weeks.

Yeah, since we're alone
Show me all that you are
And if you get lost in the light
It's okay, I can see in the dark

He loved that line. The willingness to sacrifice yourself to ensure your loved one is comfortable or secure.

Needless to say, Niall was having a deep philosophical dilemma as he flipped pancakes.

But his trance was broken when he saw a messy-haired girl pointing a camera at him from behind the couch.

"Beautiful," She said as she saved the photo on her phone.

Niall was enchanted by the sound of her voice after having woken up. It was deeper and smoother than usual, her accent was more prominent.

"You're quite the domesticated god, Niall. Might have to go get your dad's blessing," Eva joked as she laid her head on the back of the couch.

"Looks like we're going to Ireland then," He replied as he tossed the kitchen towel over his shoulder. The way she looked at him drove him crazy.

She was looking at him in that way now. Her brown eyes stared at the man cooking.

"What time is it?" She asked before checking her phone. "9:35, not too early." She said and Niall hummed in response.

Niall showed her where the spare toothbrushes were.

"And don't you start creating scenarios in your head. I don't have spares because I have girls over all the time. I just like buying things in bulk." Niall said handing her one.

"Mhm, whatever you say." She smiled and Niall left so she could freshen up.

When she looked in the mirror she was glad she'd opted out of doing eyeliner because it would have been smeared and she would've looked like a raccoon.

She looked at herself and smiled. She spent the night at Niall's place. And now he's making breakfast.

She couldn't help but indulge in the fantasy she was living in right now. And the butterflies in her stomach only proved that she only wanted to be with the Irish man more.

After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she pulled her long brown hair into a bun and pulled a few curls on the sides. She was glad she'd decided to prioritize comfort in her outfit. She hadn't planned to sleepover but she didn't regret it.

She checked her phone and she had missed calls from Laura. She facepalmed herself before texting her back.

But of course, within seconds she was receiving a FaceTime call from Laura. Eva freaked out and answered while turning down the volume.

"A donde estas, mujer?" Laura yelled as Eva's face appeared on her screen

"Sh! I'm at a friend's house."

Niall could hear Eva talking and he frowned wondering if she was talking to herself.

"What friend? You don't have friends." He heard a voice say, they had an accent also but it was different from Eva's.

"Laura don't be dumb. I'm at a guy's house." Eva sighed deciding to finally tell Laura.

Niall quietly moved closer to the door to listen in.

"A guy? Already? Damn, girl." Laura said. "Did you..." Laura trailed and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Laura, what? No! Are you crazy? I barely know him,"

Noted.

"So? You slept over his house." Laura responded.

"That is so not the same thing." Eva whispered. Silence fell between them.

"He's making breakfast." Eva quickly said and Laura squealed.

"Oooh,"

"Sh! I'm in his bathroom," Eva whispered.

"Oh right. Is he cute?" Laura asked.

Now Niall was really interested in their conversation.

"So cute. He was brown hair and blue eyes- oh my gosh he has an accent. He's so adorable. But like hot, too. I have no idea,"

Niall smiled widely while silently celebrating. Soon he smelled burnt batter.

"Shit!" He exclaimed before running to the kitchen.

"Hold on," Eva said and leaned closer to the door to smell smoke.

"I think he burnt something. Gotta go! See you later!"

"Use pro-" And Eva hung up, she wouldn't even let her get the chance to ridicule her.

"Niall!" She yelled as she opened the door. "I leave you alone for two seconds and you-oh?" She said as she saw Niall setting down her plate of pancakes.

They were two golden pancakes topped with whipped cream, berries and syrup drizzled on top.

"They look good. What are they?" She asked.

"Pancakes? You've never had pancakes?" Niall asked in disbelief.

"Oh, I actually think Laura made some the first week I came. She also couldn't believe I've never had them." Eva smiled as she recalled her roommates reaction.

"Well, I hope you like them," Niall said as he opened the blinds to reveal his amazing balcony view.

"Why don't we eat outside. On the balcony." She suggested.

"But I don't have any chairs," Niall said.

"Sitting on the floor never hurt anyone," She smiled and grabbed their plates.

Niall shook his head and followed along. As he sat down and ate his breakfast he never did use his balcony which meant he never really got to see the view he was paying for.

"It feels nice out," Eva mentioned as she picked up a strawberry. 

"Your pancakes are also really good." She added, nudging him as he smiled.

The two finished their breakfast in silence as the morning breeze hit them softly and the view of Los Angeles overtook their sight.

* * * 

I love eva and niall. like talk about a power couple.

<3