chapter three,

Eva got off work around 5 and she was planning what to do with the rest of her day as she walked home. It was still lively and bright outside, she thought about how different it would look like when she would have to walk home at night.

Niall also filled her thought.  She couldn't stop thinking about him, from the few sentences they exchanged he managed to woo her over. 

He was charming, she thought. But according to Laura, all men start out acting like they're super interested only to leave you bankrupt or heartbroken. Whichever comes first.

She liked the thought of being with Niall, but then she realized they'd only talked for a couple of minutes. So she changed her train of thought.

Gosh, I need a run. She thought.

"Laura! Let's go running!" She yelled as she entered their dorm.

Laura laughed from the couch.

"Not a chance, mamacita. In this heat? No, no, no. I have a gym membership. Use it. I have a date with Rafael Solano right now." She said adjusting herself on the couch.

Jane the Virgin. She was watching Jane the Virgin. It truly is a great show and she was truly invested, she hadn't moved from the couch since Eva left.

"Okay then," Eva said and left to change.

As she changed she planned out her workout and settled for running.

Then her mind trailed off to wonder if Niall worked out.

Of course, he does. Did you see his body?

Her eyes widened at her thoughts, she didn't know she would be this... observant.

She yelled a quick goodbye to Laura and she made her way to the gym, enjoying the scenery.

Although it had only been a few weeks, LA had already exceeded her expectations.

One thing she did notice that people did was ride bikes, she really wanted to do that. At night time and alongside the beach. 

She finally arrived at the gym. She opened the door before she had time to regret her decision and go back to the dorm.

She made her way to the treadmills after scanning the facility. She started playing her music and put it on full blast as she stretched. She liked that almost all the treadmills were empty but she still chose the last one.

After four songs, she started running, feeling like the workout was gonna be kick ass. 

She was focused until she realized a figure was walking towards her. Feeling slightly annoyed that the man would choose the one next to hers she increased the volume to her music and continued running.

She noticed that the man put his jacket on the handle. 

 Not sure that's too smart but I do want to see how it plays out.

She realized nothing was going to happen and that it was kind of mean to wait for someone to fall. She was lowering the speed to stop and leave until it happened. And to her, it seemed to happen in slow motion.

The jacket fell. And as it did, so did the tall, tall man.

She immediately stopped the machine and got off to check on the man.

"Are you alright?" Eva asked kneeling down, he didn't seem like he was going to get up soon.

"Yep, yep. Just a little embarrassed." He mumbled. Eva laughed.

Wait.

It was Niall! And his face was beet red ... and sweaty.

"Yea, maybe using the machine as a coat hanger isn't the best idea," Eva said jokingly helping him up, excited to be seeing Niall again.

"Really? I thought it was a great idea. It was calling out to me. Or my coat rather." He said as he bent to get his jacket. "Wait, didn't I meet you earlier?" He asked.

Eva was glad that he remembered her but she realized it wasn't because she was pretty or astonishing but because...

"The non-existent bat." Niall chuckled.

"Yea! Yea. Usually, my first impressions are better than threatening to beat up a racist with a bat, but you know." She shrugged and he laughed.

"Definitely impressionable." He smiled.

"Well, I finished my workout. Glad to know you're okay. And it was nice to see you again." Eva said politely holding her hand out.

"Right, right. Thanks for coming to my rescue..." Niall trailed, expecting to learn her name.

"Eva. My name's Eva." Eva replied and tried to pull the best smile she could.

Niall thought 'Eva' suited her, he liked her humor. 

"My name's Niall." He said expecting her to recognize him.

"Right. I knew that." She said smugly until she realized that sounds weird.

"What?" He was worried she would know him, he wasn't keen on dating fans. 

"Well, I mean, you know. With the Starbucks order and everything." She said calmly. She was celebrating on the inside because that was a total save.

"Oh right." He said laughing. 

He is so beautiful. She thought.

"Alrighty, well I'll get going," Eva said walking backward.

"Alright, Eva." He said smiling. He remained calm because it seemed like she didn't know him. And he didn't know if he should be offended or happy.

You spend 5 years in a famous boyband only to go unrecognized.

"Don't trip!" Eva yelled, making pointy guns with my finger.

She immediately regretted her actions but Niall found them adorable and just waved.

After that, Niall could see her rushing down the steps and he just shook his head.

"Out of all the days, mate. Out of all the days." He said looking at his jacket.

He was annoyed that he looked like a total fool in front of a potential girlfriend but then again, he wouldn't have been able to talk to the potential girlfriend if it wasn't for the embarrassing moment.

Meanwhile, Eva was full-on jogging home to escape anymore embarrassing hand gestures in front of a very cute guy.

At least they wouldn't forget each other anytime soon.

* * *

sup yall, hope you all enjoy these!

<3