Chapter 9

Looking at the Eldest daughter of the Rosamund Family that kept quiet as she taunted her, Grace Lockwood snorted in displeasure.

"Forget it, I don't want that pair of Jade bracelets anymore." She said, "I don't have the mood to shop especially after meeting that unpleasant face of yours."

After saying that, Grace turned around to leave the shop, her figure disappearing from Alvira's sight.

"My lady...." Rena concernedly called out Alvira, her tone was careful.

"I'm fine." Alvira sighed and decided to put the matter at rest.

Turning her head to the female attendant, she continued, "Please pack up the Jade bracelet. I'll pay it right away."

"Yes, of course, my lady."

Not only Grace Lockwood, but even Alvira no longer has the mood to continue shopping after their encounter, she simply wished to go home and rest, escaping from the reality that continued to bite her in the face.

Her face cooled down. The smile on her face flattened into a line, just like how spring flowers withered, turning into frosty snowflakes in winter. The anger in her eyes followed suit, disappearing only to leave a thick darkness.

"Let's go back home. I wish to rest."

"Yes, my lady."

The female attendant watched as the eldest daughter of the Rosamund Family exited the building, bowing as she bid her goodbye. The distinguished customer soon departed onto the carriage, the horse galloped and soon they were out of her sight.

"—Cecil! Have you prepared the pair of jade bracelets for the private customer?! He's picking it up soon!" A female voice shouted from the second floor.

The female attendant flinched as she heard it, the voice made her break out of her stupor.  She immediately replied, "Y-yes, madam! I will work on the packaging now!"

Just as she finished the statement, the entrance door rang the bell, indicating the arrival of a new customer.

The female attendant who was busy doing her new task did not pay attention to the new customer, her sight was still taken by packaging in her hand.

"Please give me a few minutes, dear customer. I will be there shortly to serve you."

"No, there's no need." A deep voice rang out.

Cecil looked up to meet with a familiar pair of cold eyes, so cold that she recognized him in a second. She immediately dipped her head, hiding the fear in her eyes, her body slightly trembling.

"M-my lord, the packaging for your pair of jade bracelets is not yet done. P-please give me a few minutes, I will be done with it shortly.."

"Oh, there's no need for a packaging." A hint of amusement could be heard in his tone.

"I-I'm sorry?" Cecil looked up at him in surprise, her eyes full of confusion.

The man smiled at her, and she could feel her spine tingling in warning, telling her how much a dangerous man he was.

"I will do the packaging myself, after all, it will be a meaningful gift for my fiancée." His sight then paused at the pair of jade bracelets in her hand. "Oh, isn't that my order?"

"Ah, yes." Cecil placed the jade bracelets in the small case before she presented it to him.

The man looked at the pair of jade bracelets. One for him and one for his lover. His cold eyes widened slightly, unexpectedly surprised by the masterpiece in front of him.

Then, a curl on the corner of his lips came next, unconsciously lifted up as it softened his hard features considerably.

"Ah.. beautiful, just like her." He muttered. His languorous tone exuded an inhabited and indolent demeanor, one which was full of pamper. His eyes that were cold were replaced by a degree of excitement and gentleness that were hard to ignore.

"I'll take it just as it is." The man looked up at the young attendant, his face still smiling.

The moment Cecil saw his smile, she was immediately stunned. His dangerous aura no longer existed, what remained was just another man drowned in love. For a second, Cecil could feel an ugly emotion creeping up on her heart— jealousy. Yes, Cecil was jealous of the girl who was able to catch this man's heart.

Ever since she first met him one month ago, she was already smitten by him at first sight, but she knew better than anyone else that she doesn't deserve him, especially when he's a nobility and a high-ranked one at that (her boss had hinted at her that he's a man beyond her reach, so she assumed that he's a noble). Of course, she had hoped at he will take a liking to her, after all there's a lot of tales about a noble falling for a commoner. She had hoped that she was one of these commoner girls. However, when her eyes was met with a pair of cold and indifferent eyes, fear came up instead of attraction. She knew right away that he's not a man to be messed with.

But today. Today was her first time seeing him reveal such a gentle look, one that made his handsome features appeared even more attractive. One that made her heart thump as if wild horses were running madly in it. One that made her consider whether she should really give up her feelings for him.

"Dear private customer..., m-may I ask for your name?" Cecil quickly reached out to grab the corner of the man's shirt after seeing him about to leave. Her face was blushing as she asked her question.

"Hah?" A frown appeared on the man's face. His smile was no longer there, only a dangerous aura and a cold indifference existed.

Victor looked at the young lady in front of him, then his gaze shifted to the fair hand of hers that pulled on the corner of his clothes. The woman barely reached his shoulder so he had to bent his head quite a bit to see her face, but he had no intention to do that. Why should he bent his head to a commoner?

His jovial mood was ruined as disgust quickly take over.

Daring to even touch a speck of my clothes...

His eyes slowly uncover the killing intent hidden deep in his eyes.

"You.."

"Cecil!!!! How dare you offend our private customer!" A high-pitched shriek entered their eardrums, abruptly breaking the tension in the room.

Victor moved her gaze to the woman that just entered the room.

With high heels that clacked against the floor tiles and black dress that enveloped her voluptuous body perfectly, every men would've fallen for her if not for current unpresentable state. Her face was covered with mascara that had long wan, staining her beautiful features. Long streaks of black mascara ran down from both of her eyes, her red lipstick smudging her side cheeks. Her long hair was tied back to a bun, some loose hair falling out of it, creating messy locks that were hard to undo.

Her current state could be described as... hideous.

"Oh, it's you, my dear private customer! I apologize for my attendant's last previous rude behavior, please pardon her offense!" The woman quickly brought down Cecil's head, her hand clasped behind the back of it, making the young attendant to bow for offense that she did. "She's still young and inexperienced and I will further educate her for this!"

Victor was stunned, his figure stilled in his spot, his brain trying to make the incomprehensible situation in front of him, and more so of the identity of the female in front of him.

"...What the hell are you doing here, Felicia?" Victor stared at her incredulously. "...and what's with your face?"