Chapter 2 - Awkwardness and Oddness

Klaus Mansion

"So uh, where did you both. . Fall from?" Rebekah asks curiously, the brothers watching and listening carefully.

I glance at my brother. He glances at me and wraps an arm around my shoulder "Our home."

"Is it common for you to fall from the ceiling into vampire homes mate?" Kol asks, looking directly at me, his eyes are full mischief and danger.

"No it's not." Aiden snaps at Kol as he pulls me tighter to him  "Now where the fuck our we? We need to get home."

"Sorry, but we can't just let you leave here with our mate." Elijah says sternly looking between me and my brother.

"I'd say if you leave I will rip your heart out from your chest but I believe that would upset our little mate." Klaus muses while eyeing my brother critically as if he's evaluating his worth.

Finn starts to talk from behind us, looking st my brother and then Rebekah  "and you also happen to be. ."

"Don't," Rebekah snaps at him angrily "it is my choice when to tell him, not yours. Besides, Can't you tell they're afraid? They look like they're ready to start attacking us!"

Me and Aiden both stiffen at that, we don't need anyone knowing our business.

"I think it's best that we leave." Aiden says sternly looking between them all, I follow while holding onto his shirt.

I can't stop the weird feeling of pain in my heart at the thought of leaving though. How odd.

We use the space they left us to try to slip past them, him keeping my body behind him so that we're not turning our back at them.

With speed quicker then a blink Klaus and Kol are both behind us, making us jump and god do they not look happy.

"You can't leave just yet mate. Where would you even go?" Kol asks quickly, his eyes are dark and his mouth is in a firm line he looking ready to kill someone.

"I believe it'd be best if you two just stay here." Klaus says lightly while glancing at me with a smirk before he's back to looking coldly at the back of my brothers head that is slightly turned.

Elijah steps closer to my brother "It'd be wisest for you both to stay here and much safer then it'd be out there for you."

"Yes, you never know who may be lurking." Finn muses while keeping his eyes on me, his brothers turn and look at him amused.

Aiden is stiff as a board until Rebekah comes over towards him and places a hand on his shoulder and asks carefully, looking worriedly at her brothers.

"Please stay, I know that my brothers may seem scary but they mean well and you really would be safest here with us."

"My sister" he starts to say but I tug on his shirt. 

"It's okay Ai" I say while glancing between them "in the show they weren't bad, just wildly misunderstood. That and I'd rather us not run into the Salvatore's if any of this is real.

They're eyes widen is shock and glance around at each other as I look back at my big brother.

He glances down at me his face is unreadable, he runs a hand through his hair before glancing around the ballroom.  "I'm not leaving your side Mae, if, IF this is a hallucination I can't just leave you alone."

I nod and then glance at the floor and sigh before I stand up straighter and I grab his hand from behind him "Together brother " I say with a mischievous smirk.