Chapter 30-Annabelle Virgo

Sophie's screams were synced with the Hydra's roars as he ran around the battlefield and people aimed arrows or slashed their swords at him.

Sophie cried over McKenna's body. I almost felt bad for her. "Who's going to be my heir now?" I was still confused about the relations between the Hydra's and Serpens, Scorpios too. I had heard bits of their conversation on the roof but it had left me baffled. Hellen was sobbing over Alec inside. I couldn't help but wish that he would die. If Tristan is gone then he's got to go too.

It took all my willpower to not kick Rasal. He had been hissing at everyone ever since. . .ever since. . .ever since Tristan. . .

I gulped, pushing away the tears. I can't be weak, not now.

Lydia stared at her hands in disbelief. Her mother cursed and spat at her.

Milady, plan your next move, Rasal spoke.

You're supposed to help me, I reminded.

I could feel a plan forming in his head and he slowly transmitted it to me. I descended the steps. My dagger ready in hand.

I put a hand on Lydia's shoulder, slightly shaking her. "Come on."

"Did I just-" her voice broke. Tears leaving makeup streaks on her face. I snatched the gun from her hand before it could slip from her sweaty palms.

"It was your first kill-"

"First?" She snapped out of her trance. "You mean there will be more?"

I laughed quietly, and shrugged. "Maybe."

She winced. I gave her an extra dagger and grabbed her by her arm, leading her down the steps. Towards the Hydra who was her father.

"What do we do with him?" she yelled over the roars of the Hydra.

"He's your dad!"

"I know but. . ." Her breathing fastened. "I've never seen him like this!"

I groaned. Rasal!

Yes?

Up!

He slithered up and around my waist. He told me his plan and I suggested it to Lydia.

"Are you sure you can do this?" She turned as white as her hair.

"Absolutely not," I said with confidence.

She glared at me, then punched me.

"I'll need an heir of Hydra's help though." I raised my eyebrows at her, offering my hand. She got my meaning and grinned, slapping her hand against mine.

"Do you have your Star Stone?"

"No, but I'll manage something," she reassured.

"You take him from the front and I'll counter from behind," I told. She ran to the front. Slashing at the Hydra's legs. It's tail pushed me to the side and I collided with the wall.

I think you broke a rib, Rasal told. I cried out in pain but was inaudible over the Hydra's roars. Blood came up to my throat but I forced it down. I found it hard to breathe. I had banged my head too and I felt a bruise on my forehead. Rasal's eyes were closed in pain as well but I told him to be brave. . .like me.

I fired at the Hydra but the bullets were only pricks in his huge body and think scales. I stood near the lined up dead bodies. Anthony treated the wounded nearby.

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on Ophiuchus. Rasal knew I needed help so he silently prayed but soon I was blocked from everything. I remembered my astral lessons with Hellen.