sechsunddreiBig (36)

Dons eyes were glued to Elena's phone watching the videos and pictures that proved Liz kidnapped her. He sprang to his feet and wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his palm. Elena stood with her back leaning against his office door whilst her two best friends sat on the couch.

"I knew she disliked me and wanted to do everything in her power to separate us but I don't understand why she wanted me dead" Elena said tapping her left foot impatiently on the carpeted floor

"Elena, I need you to be patient. Just be quiet. I need to think" Don said with a serious tone

Elena hissed at him and walked over to her friends who were seated on the couch. Don sighed in frustration as he paced to and fro trying to understand all that was happening. He knew Liz was a spoilt brat, but he didn't expect her to get to the level of murdering the woman he loved.

"Anja, track down my sister's location in one second and send a convoy to bring her back to the mansion right now " Don spoke into his intercom

Don walked over to his drawer and pulled out a roll of tobacco. He placed it between his lips and lighted the other end. Sitting on the edge of the large oak table, he puffed on his tobacco contentedly. He parted his lips and blew out the smoke into the air.

Elena rushed forward and pulled the tobacco from him, crushing it under her foot. "What is wrong with you?" he queried trying to keep his voice low because of her best friends who were glaring at him.

"Carolina is allergic to smoke. Or are you also trying to kill her just like the way your sister tried to kill me" Elena snapped

"I would never hurt your friends. I had no idea that Carolina was allergic to smoke"

**************
An hour later,
**************

Don heaved a sign of relief as he caught a glimpse of his sister on the footage. His eyes were glued to his PC watching everything she did. He took another gulp  of the intoxicant in his hand and plopped down into his leather chair as Liz stepped out of the range rover. She gave her keys to the guard nearby and walked towards the entrance of the main hall.

"Ladies, I need you to stay calm. She's here" Don declared, setting down the glass of whiskey

Kat lifted her head up from her phone and stared at Don with a questioning look. "How did you know?"

Don leaned further into his leather seat and pointed towards his PC. "The footage is right here in front of me"

"How close is she? I don't think I can stay calm. The rage boiling through me might force me to do something against my will. I need to get out of here" Elena snapped walking towards the exit of Don's office.

Don was about to press the lock button on his door's remote when Carolina stopped Elena.  "Elena, wait! This issue must be settled once and for all."

Elena whipped around as her gaze fell on Don. His eyes were still glued to his PC watching the footage. He lifted up his head and looked at Elena with sorrowful eyes. "She's on the third floor. She should walk through the door any moment from now"

The words hardly ecaped Don's mouth when a loud explosion echoed throughout the whole mansion. The three ladies screamed and ran towards Don, hiding behind him. "What is going on?" Kat queried in a shaky voice.

"Shit, this can't be happening. No no no!" Don roared angrily running his fingers through his black hair. Elena craned her neck from behind Don and looked at the footage being recorded on his PC. Fear rushed through her body like sparks of electrical shock draining her blood. She held her chest with one hand and turned around to face her two best friends who were still hiding behind Don. "An explosion! She's badly injured"

The door flew opened. Two guards holding their guns rushed into Don's office. "Boss, we're under attack. The russians are here and the security system has been compromised"

"What? Where is the head of Security" Don roared angrily in a deep tone. Don grabbed his remote and pressed the lock button. "What do you mean we are under attack" Kat said impatiently

"Elena, what is happening?" Carolina asked

Elena turned away from her best friends and faced Don. "I will open the door to the secret passage. Get the ladies to safety" Don said referring to the two guards

"Anton, get my warriors ready! The battle is yet to begin. Hundred armed men on the left wing of the mansion. Hundred armed men on the right wing of the mansion. Pull out everything from the store room. The guns! The explosives! Instruct three hundred men to stay in the mansion and fight along with me. Secure the whole building. Get ready to pilot the helicopter. That will be necessary for my snipers. If the russians want war, then I will give them war" Don spoke into his intercom

"Get the paramedics to stabilize my sister and send her to the hospital now. She's lying down unconscious on the third floor. I've got other important issues to handle" Don further explained through the intercom

"Guns?? War?? Elena say some thing! Kat screamed

"I don't want to die" Carolina said and broke down into tears. Don ignored their comments and pulled away the thick heavy curtains. Instead of a wall, the ladies gasped in shock when they saw another door. Don pressed a button on his remote and the door opened revealing a dark passage.

"Drogo, Pablo, you know the escape route.  Protect them at all cost. I will track you down when this battle is over" Don said hurriedly

"Yes boss" The guards said in unison and walked into the dark room.

"Ladies, go now" Don shouted

The guards led the way as Carolina and Kat followed behind them. Elena took a step towards the door but she stopped and turned around to face Don.

"Please, do everything possible to survive. I don't want to loose you" Elena said with tears in her eyes as she pulled Don closer to her and kissed him. He kissed her back with much passion. He quickly pulled away from her when loud bangs were head on his office door.

"Open the door. Its time for revenge, bastard" A loud voice said from the other said of the door.

"Go, now!" Don ordered as he pushed Elena towards the entrance of the secret door in his office which he opened few minutes ago. Elena walked in and joined the others. They stood looking at Don as he pressed another button on the remote. The door began to close as more tears rolled down Elena's cheek. Don smiled weakly at her and threw the remote into the dark passage. The remote landed right in front of Elena. She looked at the remote on the floor and looked up at Don.

"I love you, Don" Elena said as the door to the secret passage closed on her face, leaving Don standing alone in his office to face a bloody battle.