self love + growth

i'm very secure in my identity now i think. i probably won't ever come out to my parents as trans, or at least not until i leave home, but that's alright. i can live with that

and i was reading over some old chapters and i realised how much a changed, and you know what ! that's ok! it's good actually! it means i'm not becoming stagnant and i'm growing into a better person

i'm a lot more comfortable with this version of myself, and i'm learning to look in the mirror and see the good parts, because in the end, it isn't shameful to love yourself. it isn't shameful to think you look good.

you're not always going to look good. there are certain angles and lighting, and you can't let that ruin your self image. the image you saw when you accidentally opened your camera, or the you you saw when you first rolled out of bed and looked in the mirror isn't what you look like all the time.

you don't see what everyone else sees. you don't see the candid laughter your friends see.

and you know what? i'm going to say it. i don't think im ugly! i always thought saying that sounded narcissistic, but it's not narcissistic to love yourself, and that mindset is gross actually!!

it's not your fault if you have that mindset, but it's up to you to get yourself out. you're  not bad or weak for having that mindset, but in order to really love yourself you have to stop with the self deprecating jokes, and be able to freely say you love yourself, even if it's not always true

being able to say out loud that you love yourself won't immediately repair whatever you may be going through, but it certainly helps, even a little bit!

that ended up longer than expected, but i wanted to get it out :] it's not exclusively nonbinary related, but it's very important to me, and i wanted to give you guys my two cents, let me know what you think if you want!!