Naawa na ko sa phone niya dahil sa masamang tingin na ibinibigay niya roon. Sakto namang dumating din yung lalaking kausap niya kanina.

"Sir, wala pong available na taxi." napalunok iyon at saglit na tinignan ako bago bumaling kay Zaid. "Ayaw niyo pong magpahatid na lang kay Ma'am?"

I arrogantly gazed at the dark eyes of Zaid which are still darted on his phone.

"Oo nga..." I slyly inquired.

"Baka kasi hindi na kayo umabot, Sir pag natagalan pa." nag-aalalang kumento ng lalaki.

Zaid clenched his jaw. Binaba niya ang kamay na may hawak na cellphone.

Nag-aabang na tinignan ko siya.  

"Come on, Zaid. Work is work, after all. Separate personal issues from this," pangungumbinsi ko.

He faced me with the same grim expression. 

"I'll pay for the gas and the bother this will cause you," he professionally stated.

I almost chuckled but I stopped myself. If that's what you want, Zaidie.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," I playfully said before standing up.

I even caught another glimpse of him gritting his teeth before following me as I walk to my car.

I can't believe his scent immediately filled the insides of my car. His manly smell was electrifying. I wish it would last here forever. I wanna get a sniff of that all the time.

His face remained stoic though. Even when I asked for the address of our destination. Not like I expect that he would loosen up though. His eyes were directed on the window by his sides. Parang ingat na ingat na hindi magawi ang tingin sakin. Sasakit leeg nito mamaya.

I heaved a sigh while driving.

"Zaid.." I gently started.

I peaked a view of him on the rearview mirror and saw him clenching his jaw.

"Hindi naman kami ni Spencer-"

"What happened to separate personal issues from this?" he cut me off by using what I said earlier.

I sighed. I know but when's the best time but now, right?

"Syempre.. sinabi ko lang yun para sumama ka." he still got the same hard expression. "Never naging kami, Zaid. I already lost whatever feelings I have for him even before I left."

I swallowed. "Because it was you. It was you already. Since before, until now. Ikaw lang, Zaid." I'm suddenly hesitating to take a glance on him. I'm scared to what his expression will be. He was suddenly quiet though. He wasn't butting in this time. "I was about to confess. I was about to tell it to you right after I came back. But then, you weren't there anymore. You left."