promise.

promise.

"you really are a pretty thing, aren't you?" jungkook's father had his hand on taehyung's thigh, and taehyung wanted to push him away, punch him in the face for all he's done, but then his hand was gone, and he was talking in a voice that wasn't as sickly-sweet as usual. "hey, I need you to do something for me.

"no." taehyung said, short and simple and sharp. jungkook's father rolled his eyes.

"it wasn't a question-"

"but no is my answer." taehyung said. jungkook's father slammed his hand down on the table, causing taehyung to flinch. but he didn't get hit.

"you have to do this. whether you like it or not, you're already being transferred." jungkook's father leaned a little closer to taehyung. (there was no room to escape.) "you remember seokjin, right? the nice little boy that pointed a gun at you? you know what he does, right?"

hesitantly, taehyung nodded. jungkook's father grinned. "good. well, you get to go do what he does now. that'll be fun, right?"

"no." taehyung said, shaking his head quick. "no, I won't. you can't make me- you can't make me-"

"but it's for jungkook, pretty one." jungkook's father said, and taehyung stopped protesting. "that way, you'll be able to keep him far, far away from your father, and your father won't hurt my pretty little boy. and then I can come and get him back when this whole mess blows over. yeah?"

taehyung didn't want to, but he nodded 'yes'.

"promise?"

taehyung gulped. "promise."