14 | for now, you win

Start from the beginning

Keiko sighed before her eyes met another familiar boy, "Na Jaemin?"

"Hello, Noona." said boy smiled at her as they took their seat by the counter top.

"Get the fuck out my bar." she uttered, going behind the bar counter.

The four boys seemed to ignore her and kept talking amongst themselves, suggesting drinks that they should get.

From what Keiko could see, the boys were Yangyang, Chenle, Jaemin and the unknown boy.

"Renjun-hyung, what do you want?" Chenle nudges the other boy and she finally knew his name.

Renjun.

"Actually, leave it up to me." Keiko spoke in a stern voice, catching their attention. She turned around to prepare their drinks and they couldn't help but stare at the bartender.

Once she was done with the last glass, she handed them their drinks.

As they took a sip, the flavor exploded in their mouths, feeling thrilled upon the mysterious drink. Chenle's lips tugged up into smirk, So she is incredible at bartending.

Yangyang's eyes brightened, "Woah– what do you call this?"

Keiko chuckled, "Take off." her happy expression immediately dropped as she glared at them, "That means bye-bye; take off from those seats and leave this bar."

Yangyang scrunched his nose feeling a bit sad that she was so passionate in kicking them out. "Well that's unfortunate." he mumbled.

Jaemin rolled his eyes, "What's up with you?"

"No." she crossed her arms, "What the fuck is up with you. I already told you to leave me alone, didn't I?"

Chenle intertwined his fingers together, looking up at her, "I told you, Keiko. You can't escape us."

Keiko took a deep breath, irked by his words, "I can. Don't underestimate me– and don't call me Keiko."

"Don't underestimate a mafia gang." Renjun corrected, "Especially the most dangerous one out there."

"Tsk, yeah dangerous. Who would've thought a mafia could treat their target with ice cream."

All eyes landed on Jaemin who raised his hands up in defense. "What?" he eyed them, "I was so close on making her trust me!"

Keiko scoffed, "Not even an atom close."

Jaemin squinted his eyes on her, "Shut up."

"You shut up."

"Look–"

"No."

"We won't leave you alone." Renjun stated clearly.

"Annoying shits." she commented making Renjun raise his hand.

"I can kill you–"

Yangyang interfered, pressing a hand over Renjun's mouth. "How about no killing?"

Chenle laughed and crossed his arms, head tilted to the side in amusement, "So, Keiko?"

"It's Cerise to you."

"Right, Cerise..." Chenle hummed.

"What do you want?"

"How abou—"

"Cerise! How are you doing with your costumers here? Are they bothering you?" Reiji laced an arm around Keiko's shoulder after noticing her having a somewhat argument with her costumers.

Chenle scowled, eyeing the seeming to be protective arm around her. "You must be Reiji?" he raised a brow, a sly grin creeping up his face as he eyed the male bartender.

Reiji nodded, "Yes. How can I help you?"

Renjun slid his now empty glass towards his direction, "Leave us alone with Cherrie here."

"Don't call me Cherrie." she hissed to which Renjun rolled his eyes at and looked away.

Reiji pursed his lips for a bit, eyeing the costumers, "How about you leave her bar alone?"

The girl sighed and removed Reiji's arm from her shoulder, "Thanks, Reiji, but I'll take care of them."

"Are you sure?" the male bartender looked at her with worried eyes and she nodded, glancing at the mafia members, "Yup."

Her friend nodded before walking off, a defeated look plastered on his face.

"Your boyfriend?" Jaemin questions to which she choked and immediately shook her head at.

"Hell no."

"So, Keiko–"

"Leave."

Yangyang sighed, "This won't take us anywhere."

"It would take you outside," she clasped her hands together," want me to show you?" she tilts her head, gesturing towards the door, giving them an innocent smile.

Yangyang flinched in his spot, a bitter smile plastered on his face, "I'd rather see myself out on my own." he uttered before standing up and leaving.

Renjun let out a groan, "I'm leaving too." soon he was followed by Jaemin, leaving Chenle alone again.

"Which mafia gang are you in?"

Chenle pressed his lips into a thin line, pulling his card out of his wallet, he uttered, "Why would I tell you?"

Keiko deadpanned and snatched the card from his grasp, billing them out. "Then don't."

"NCT – Neo Culture Technology." the boy answered her anyways.

The name rang a few bells in her mind. Where could have she encountered that name.

"Must be familiar to you, hm?"

Keiko shrugged, "I don't know, I've encountered a lot of mafia gangs before."

"I know." the nonchalant answer made Keiko alarmed. She was now sure that whoever this new mafia gang is... they are mad serious.

"We won't hurt you, Cerise."

"And like I care if you hurt me. I've dealt with much deeper pain than being captured by a mafia gang."

Chenle sighed and grabbed his card to which she tossed back at him. "We'll come back, Cerise. For now, you win."

"But you won't win for long." he stated before walking off.