13 | no goodbye's

YUN RESIDENCES
2:47 AM, THURSDAY

YUN KEIKO

.   .   . 2 0 1 4 .   .   .

I heard loud muffled arguments from downstairs again. My nerves started kicking in; growing scared I tried to hide myself within the blankets.

Covering my ears as I shut my eyes tightly. I can't take it anymore.

"How are we supposed to repay–"

"Use Keiko."

"What do you even mean!?"

"Ojiisan– Just fucking sell her away!"

"She's your daughter, Keishin."

"We don't need her anyways!"

"She'll just destroy our company more."

"If she were a boy, she would've been more successful!"

"Just sell her to Hansuke or whatever, I'll even contact him right now."

Tears started falling out of my eyes, hands shaking as the more they spoke, the more I felt my heart cracking into pieces.

The family, I tried to impress all my life... just gave me away like that.

I tried to suppress my tears, but they just kept falling, "Stop being such a crybaby, Keiko! You're a fifteen year old girl! You're a Mikami–"

A knock cut me off quick. I wiped away my tears in a hurry, my whole body trembling in fear.

"Keiko? We have something important to discuss." I heard Mother's voice utter from the other side of the door. Biting my bottom lip hard, I couldn't bring my self to say something.

I was speechless.

"I'm coming in, are you asleep?" she asked before I heard the doorknob twist, the door creaked open.

My heartbeat began to race up as soft footsteps grew louder.

A hand on my shoulder made me jolt up, "M-Mother..." I managed to croak out.

Meeting eyes with my Mother, her eyes showed no emotion. "Were you crying?"

I nodded slowly, "Just a nightmare..."

"Oh Keiko, I told you a Mikami should always be fearless."

Am I even a Mikami anymore?

"Let's go down stairs, your Father and I have something to tell you." she said, running her fingers through my hair. Mother pulled out a handkerchief from her blazer's pocket, "Here, wipe those tears away."

My trembling hands reached out to grip tightly on the soft fabric, wiping my tear stained cheeks before we went out to go downstairs.