I smiled. He's right but what he said is useless because I'm not really married with Jose. "Who are you?" I asked him. "I'm Father Ian. I have to go. You have to have time with yourself and just remember that if he loves you, no matter who he is with, you are the only one in his heart." Jose said that he's strict but he's not.

I don't want to see him yet. I heaved a sigh. There's no way that he'll love me too. My tears fell again. I didn't wipe them. I just let them fall.

I can sense that the people around are looking at me. I just look at the ground so I can't see their faces. Someone's feet suddenly stopped in front of me. I didn't bother to know who's that person is.

"Lilia," It's his voice. I did not  speak nor did I look at him. He suddenly cupped his hands to my face. I don't have any choice but to look at him.

"Are you mad at me?" I saw his worried face again. I didn't respond. He heaved a sigh.

I took his hands away from me. I stood up then looked at him. "Let's go home now. The sun is almost setting." I said then started walking.

"Are you okay? Romulo told me that you suddenly ran away while crying. Did someone hurt you?"

Yes, you. I'm just so stupid that I fell in love with him. I just known him for a day and I suddenly fell in love? I'm so naive!

"Yes, I'm okay. No one hurt me. I just missed my family so I cried." I assumed from his expression that he was confused.

"Are you sure?" I nodded then faked a smile. He heaved a sigh. If only I can prevent myself from falling in love with him, I wouldn't be hurting now.

"Jose! Nandito na si Heneral Santiago!" (Jose! General Santiago is here!) Karlos shouted as he approached us.

I saw a man wearing a soldier's uniform. He looks like my father, literally. They have the same face. He also looks like a strict man.

"Magandang hapon, Heneral." (Good afternoon, General.) Jose said. He took something out from his pocket. It's like a paper or a letter.

"Magandang hapon din, Jose. Ito na ba ang telegramang gusto mong ipaabot sa mga Amerikano?" (Good afternoon, too. Is this the telegram you want me to convey to the Americans?) the soldier asked. He just nodded.

"Huwag kang mag-alala. Ibibigay ko ito sa kanila. Mauna na ako. May gagawin pa ako." (Don't worry. I will give this to them. I'll go ahead. I have something to do.)

"Maraming salamat, Heneral." (Thank you very much, General.) The soldier just nodded then went away. "Mauna na din ako, Jose." (I will go ahead, too, Jose.) Karlos said then went away too.

"Who is he?" I asked.

"He's the general of our province. Let's go home now." I nodded.

He was about to hold my hand but I hid them behind my back before he could hold them. I don't want to assume anymore. We went home.

I was just silent all the way home. He's silent, too. Maybe he could sense that something's not right. He sometimes glances at me and whenever I look at him, he looks away.

I didn't thought that love could be that strong. I just stayed outside the house while he's cooking inside. I want to go home. I want to forget this damn feeling. I want to forget him.

I gave a side-glance when I heard some footsteps. He sat beside me and gave me the flower that the boy gave me a while ago. "You left it."

I stared at the flower. I slowly took it and didn't bother to look at him. "Is she the girl you admire?" I asked.