reasons and one heck of a surprise

Start from the beginning

"Doesn't it look weird?" I said, chuckling. We were in the grocery store and thankfully there aren't much people - probably because it's already as late as 8 in the evening and the store close at 9:30.

"What is?" he asked, his hands kept inside the jacket's pockets. I was pushing the push cart and he's only following my tracks like a damn puppy.

"We looked like twins with different faces." I chuckled while pushing the cart, grabbing some eggs and throwing it to the cart. "You know same height..." I grabbed a few meat products from the freezer and some beverages (I'd like to say coke, but nah. Water) as well. "I think we're both good looking? The information says so..." I heard him chuckle, so I turned to him and he instantly wiped his grin off his face.

"You're good looking, alright." I heard him say that got me grinning. Well, not to be conceited but I know I actually look good. Bright might be better looking and I might not be posted in the Cute Boy Page or whatever, but I know I am too. Sammy said so; it's just that I'm using my eyeglasses all the time. "But not as good-looking as I am."

"OY!" I glared at him and remarked. "So much for the compliment, Saraleo!" I said and gave him a smug.

"Is this going to be everything?" Bright said while looking at the cart that has nothing but meat, eggs, chips, instant noodles and some leeks. "You're not going to buy more vegetables?"

I actually eat vegetables, but they're hard to cook. I need to simmer them for a long time. I live in a very busy community in Bangkok and I am a student, I probably don't have the luxury of time to cook - I can only cook easy foods, such as instant noodles, fried eggs, omurice and all. "I don't have a luxury of cooking for long periods of time." I said unloading all the things from the cart to the counter.

He nodded and grabbed his wallet, giving his credit card to the cashier which got me protesting - really. "Hey!" I beamed at Bright, forehead crooked then to his credit card.

"It's fine. I'm freeloading anyway." He just said, unfazed.

I looked at the cashier dumb-stricken, still staring at Bright, smiling like an idiot. I proceeded to knock over the counter, "Hello?" I said in a very sarcastic tone.

"Y...Yes." the cashier finally came back to Earth after being lost in Bright's eyes - which by the way was annoying. She got Bright's credit card, completely ignoring me treating me as a side-character. With all my annoyance, I grabbed every grocery bag and stormed off the grocery store.

Unknowingly, Bright grabbed the other bag from my hand. I didn't know he actually caught up. "What's gotten to you?" he said, hailing the taxi that passed us by.

"Nothing... I was just a bit annoyed." I said, sighing. "Also, you should've just let me pay that on my own. Since it's got nothing to do with you." I said, shaking my head.

"So what do you want me to do?" I turned to Bright who finally spoke after I-don't-know how long. He hasn't opened his mouth since we're in the taxi coming home. He was probably offended with the things I said out of my annoyance, but then again he might've just lost the motivation to talk - until now.

"You finally spoke, huh?" I said assuring that sarcasm is palpable in every word I say. I sat on the sofa where he was playing with his phone. "It's about the elective." I said, crossing my leg. "Our professor asked us to create a self-portrait."