reasons and one heck of a surprise

Start from the beginning

I shook my head, "L...let's eat together with Pluem tomorrow."

"But I'm here now, why can't we just go home and eat dinner together?" she insisted.

"I... I need to do the groceries tonight." I said in the heat of the moment. But on the second thought, aside from eggs, I have nothing inside my refrigerator. So I really might go grocery shopping today.

"Are you sure?" Sammy asked, "I didn't see you brought your car."

"I'm okay." I said, waving Sammy goodbye as she walked away, still worried.

"Are you really going grocery shopping?" I think my heart and soul left my body when I heard Bright spoke from behind.

"What the fuck man!" I exclaimed, moving away from him while holding my chest out of shock and fear, "Why are you appearing out of the blue like that?!"

"Hmm?" he shrugged, "I was here the entire time." he just said.

I took a few long breathes calming myself down. "I saw you went inside so I thought you were there."

"I was." he said, "Now I'm out."

I sighed.

"About before, what are you planning?" I heard Bright say. We were walking when he asked so suddenly. The question spiked suspicion but his tone didn't have any malice.

I turned to him, still walking. "Hotels are very expensive, especially during these times. The money you'll spend, it's better if you buy me foods with that." I said, "And can't you ask your friends to temporarily adopt you for a few days?" I asked curiously.

He shrugged, "I did. But all of them either lives in a dorm or with their families." he said. I don't want to intrude to their place.

I nodded my head, "You're really a good guy." I said, facing front again. Actually, my impression over him has already turned a hundred eighty degrees since. "But actually, I'm planning to ask for your help." I finally said, revealing my intentions.

"What?" he asked. We were walking together, but I could feel his sharp stares trailing from my head to toe - but strangely enough, I couldn't feel anything but safety.

"Well, our teacher from my elective asked us to create something." I just said, putting my hands on my pockets. "I want your help with it." I turned to him meeting his eye.

He was still looking at me, his expression unfazed. Until his lips formed into a smirked, "Fair enough."

"So, tell me what you want me to do." Bright said the moment he went out from the bathroom. I was fixing my shirt in front of the mirror when I heard him say.

"I'm going to go do some grocery shopping, want to come with?" I said, coming out from the room. He was in the sofa, drying his hair with the hair blower.

He replied with a nod, "Let me finish drying my hair first." he said ruffling his hair while blowing on the wet parts. I took my phone out from my pockets and slumped my body on the sofa where Bright was as well. "Let me borrow your room." he finally said, which I nodded as a response.

I was playing some mobile games with my phone when I saw Bright coming out from the room. He was wearing his white football jersey and the short I gave him yesterday. "Let's go." he sighed. I chuckled and stood up from the sofa and made my way back to my room, grabbing a hoodie jacket from my wardrobe and giving it to him. "Take it." he stared at the jacket for a few seconds as if he doesn't want to, but he wore it anyway.