Chapter 5

It's been a few weeks since Kuroo Tetsurou had begun to come back to school regularly. Everyone was glad to see that he was doing ok, checking up on him whenever they had the chance, but he was only getting worse and worse by the minute. The same with his mother; The doctors did not know when she would ever get out of the coma, if she ever did, to which Kuroo responded with-

" YES SHE WILL! DON'T TALK LIKE THAT! Of... Of course she'll c-come back... "

Nobody seemed to see the pain that continued rising from the dark reaches of his mind.

He felt...

Wrong. Terrible. Guilty. Distressed.

It was as if a lump had formed in his throat every time someone would come and talk to him, making it difficult to form complete sentences. He managed to keep himself from choking out a few sobs every now and then, and it seemed like it worked, since nobody said anything about it to him.

Anyways, back to the present...

----------

With a loud slam! of the ball hitting the wooden court, Tetsurou had finally come back to the Earth, gravity drawing him back in to where he belonged. While he seemed focused on the practice match with Fukurodani, his mind was elsewhere... Unfortunately, that 'elsewhere' was not anywhere near positive.

' Was that good enough? Oh god... That was really bad, wasn't it? Is the coach going to get mad? My form was off, everything was off! I can barely even breath- '

A fearful expression made it's way onto the ravenette's face, a frown dancing onto his lips. His teammates seemed not to notice, and jumped around him in excitement, since he had won them the practice match. Tetsurou gave them his signature, smug smile, despite it being fake as hell, and patted the backs of his fellow teammates. Lev ran up to him in excitement, and bounced around continuously, as though he had too much stored energy.

"KUROOOOOOO SENPAIIII! UWAHHH~ THAT WAS SO COOL!! TEACH ME HOW TO DO THAT, TOO!!!"

The energetic kitten s c r e e c h e d, and continued his bouncing. Kuroo smiled, and nodded. Maybe if he helped him with his spikes, he'd be more willing to work on his receives with Yaku, that was one upside to this hellish world, perhaps. He could think bad of himself later, his teammates are more important to him.

"Sure, as long as you show Yaku-san the same amount of willingness with your receives as you do with your spiking, Lev."

The Russian blue immediately shut up, and went to go sulk in the corner. While the kitten was sulking, an Owl-headed boy ran up to Kuroo, and grinned mischievously, slinging his arm around the captain. We should all know who this is by now... Yes, it's Bokuto Kotarou, the captain's best buddy bro dude.

" So, Kuroo, my main man, my homeslice breadslice, hootin' tootin' buddy bro man... That's a mighty spike ya got there! I see you've been practicing... "

Bokuto smirked, then brought Kuroo in a little bit closer to him, putting on his serious face, and stared him down with golden orbs, although, it was more him pulling the captain down to his level, since he was a few centimetres shorter than him.

" You don't expect to beat me at nationals, do ya? Heh, you're wrong! My team and I will win against you, and-!"

Pretty setter number two, Akaashi, of course, grabbed the owl by his collar, and dragged him away, all whilst Bokuto was throwing a fit, and trying to force himself out of Akaashi's grip. Kuroo smirked, and place a hand on his hip, looking as coy as ever. 

" Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, Bokubro. I'll be looking forward to our fated match~"

----------

M a y h a p s  a  t r i g g e r  w a r n i n g ;  B l o o d ,  i n t e n s e  s c r e a m i n g ,  s e l f  d e p r e c i a t i n g  c o m m e n t s , e t c .

Y o u  h a v e  b e e n  w a r n e d ,  d e a r  r e a d e r . . .

----------

'Another fail... Another one... Again... More and more...'

Kuroo Tetsurou punched the wall of the gymnasium in anger, craning his neck and yelling up towards the ceiling. With clenched fists, he slammed them once more into the hard, cement wall, cursing as his knuckles tore open, and began to bleed heavily. Tears welled in his eyes, as the pain tore through his hands... But not only was it due to the external pain, but the pain in his mind. 

" TETSUROU, YOU GODDAMNED FAILURE! If you can't even block, or serve, or spike correctly, who are you to THINK that you can even HELP ANYONE?! "

The tall male scoffed, punching the cement wall again, only harder this time. He felt a sharp crack! and jumped back, grabbing his left hand in pain. He couldn't bend the fingers, or even move his hand, or searing white pain would shoot up his forearm. Kuroo was lucky enough that no one was here in the gymnasium, or they'd freak out and get mad at him. 

" Dammit... I probably broke something... You absolute... Ugh. "

He leaned against the wall, and slid his back down, putting his head on his knees while his bloody hands lay to the side pathetically. The burning pain swelled up to the point where he was ready to burst, but instead of freaking out, Kuroo stood up, and cleaned up his mess. There were only a few balls lying around, so it would be easy-ish for him. 

After cleaning as much as he could with the intense sear of pain through his hand, he ran out of the gym, and went to the doctor to get his hand checked out.

Author's Note

I'm sosososososoooooo sorry for not uploading for almost two months! I've been very unmotivated for this, and I don't know why.

Anyways, as a present, I am starting to write two new Haikyuu fanfics... One for Iwaizumi, and another one for all of the best haikyuu rare pairs out there uwu

Well, anyways, stay jazzy!

Have a good dayyyy