Chapter 14: Change

Hey,

Thanks to anyone who has stuck with me. Sadly real life has been keeping me busy. 

I am in my second year of college and going through the daunting process of University Applications as well as holding down a part time job. 

Anyway, broke up for the Christmas holidays so i am going to try and upload a bit more.

Thank you,

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Most of all ENJOY!

Chloe X

Chapter 14

                “Annabella. Hey. Anna. Wake up,” a hushed voice spoke.

I grumbled some form of unintelligible response as my answer as I tried to lull myself back into the safe security which sleep offered me. However, this annoying voice wouldn’t give me that relief.

“Don’t make me kiss you,” He threatened, which made me alert to what was actually going on.

My eyes shot open and I looked into the face of a smirking Marc. I glowered at him which only further succeeding in making him laugh at my expense. Marc began to walk off the train and I scrambled up after him, not at all the least bit elegant. I guess princess life was never going to fully sit right with me.

We left the train and immediately left the train station and out into the hustle and bustle of the city. People were rushing back and forth going to work or going shopping, this was the perfect place to remain hidden and inconspicuous. Marc and I were just going to be one with the crowd. Follow the crowd to where we need to go.

Marc took hold of my hand and began leading me in the direction we needed to go. I watched him as he gaze checked around sharply looking for any sign of a threat. We kept a steady pace making sure we weren’t the ones to stand out within the crowd. Look how my life had changed. I was walking through a city fearing for my life.

“How far do we have to go?” I asked, gazing around the street myself but everything seemed normal.

“It’s a little bit of a distance but it shouldn’t take too long,” Marc explained.

I nodded slightly in response. This was how we remained for the rest of the journey. We barely spoke and we mainly kept quiet. All of this was beginning to feel quite awkward now. This mate thing was not how I imagined and this was probably not how he imagined either. It wasn’t love at first sight. There was a connection but that was purely through the mate bond. I didn’t feel anything romantically towards him.

Quite frankly, he was annoying and arrogant. Most of all misogynistic but then again that was the Werewolf society in general and something I didn’t appreciate at all. None of the women or girls should accept that but when that it was you grow up being taught that is all you know. I was brought up differently at that is where my differences of opinion started.

There was something else niggling away at me though and that was more Marc himself.

I felt like he was hiding something from me. I had the feeling he was lying but to what extent I don’t know. That was worrying me.

The sky began to slowly become overcast. That was just a normal day in England and from my experience it was probably going to bring along rain any time now. Just then I felt a rain drop land on my cheek. Just what I needed to finish off my brilliant day. Try to sense the sarcasm.