Chapter 21: The Beginning of the End

Hey guys,

Thanks to anyone who has stuck with this. 

It is slow going but my life is so hectic. I passed my A Levels. Got into university and it has been chaotic. it is the first time i have been away from home for so long and i am trying to be an adult. 

i really hope you enjoy and hopefully i should add some more chapters before uni starts back. This shouldn't be too much longer only five or six more chapters. 

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe xx

Chapter 21

At some point, which I can't remember, I had fallen asleep. My head still resting on Marc's shoulder. I was emotionally exhausted. In the matter of weeks, I had gone from being a school girl, to a princess hiding from enemies which would do everything to bring down the monarchy. Bring down my parents.

Right now, a war was being fought between two sides. Battling for dominance but I was Cameron's final card. I was going to be the one to bring down my parents. I was going to lose them this war. Death was scaring me. Knowing that I could die in the matter of days. Yet, i was willing to give my life for my parents to keep fighting and not let this heartless horrible man win. I would die for my kingdom. I would die for Catherine who had done everything to protect me.

"Anna.... Annabella."

I hummed in response, still slightly in a dazed state from sleeping. I heard Marc chuckle ever so slightly, the action made his body shake slightly.

"I think we are nearly there. We are slowing down and I can hear lots of chatter going on."

That thought. The idea that we were so close made me immediately wake up from my sleep. There was not one element of sleep left in me. I could die today. I most probably would die. Marc went quiet beside me as we both took in the high chance that we would probably not see another day. We wouldn't get the normal life of mates. We wouldn't have the chance to the share our love for the rest of our lives. I sighed. I wanted that. I could see myself with Marc for the rest of my life. Even that was being taken away from me.

"I wish we had the chance to spend the rest of our lives with each other," I sighed before turning my gaze to Marc.

"And I would love to the chance to spend longer with you. You gave me hope of a better life and I would give anything to see you safe right now. Anything," Marc spoke.

"I would give anything to see the both of us live through this."

"Wouldn't we all."

Silence fell in the back of the truck. The only sound was the sound of the truck as it rocked and moved over the terrain. The movements kept me on edge. Making me feel sick knowing that with each turn of the wheels we would be closer.

How would I die? Would I be hung? Shot? Slit throat? The possibilities were endless but I knew for a fact from how sick Cameron was, that he would have it in public for everyone to see. He would glorify my death as a victory and the moment in which he won the war.

About an hour so later, the truck finally began to slow. The sound of voices were louder here and all too soon the truck came to a sudden stop, causing me to bump shoulders with Marc. The doors to the back were yanked open and I closed at my eyes at the sudden intrusion of day light. As my eyes refocused, I saw the irritating smile of Cameron.

"Look how the mighty have fallen, all because of one gobby little princess," Cameron smirked before motioning to four guards who clambered into the back of truck.