Chapter 2

I thought that I was done with him, and his shenanigans. I thought he would leave me alone, especially since I had a little bit of power over him, with his blatant overuse of his authority in getting me to almost sleep with him. Or that's how the story would go, if I ever told it to anyone.

But he didn't care about all of that, apparently.

He stood there, staring at me, as I were just another one of his camp dwellers. Not someone he had almost had anal with. I felt a bit angry and a bit degraded.

More than that, I was having a hard time comprehending what exactly he was trying to convey to me.

"What are you trying to say here? I'm just having a bit of difficulty..."

"We need you to film a porn video for us. It can be something simple. We need to get into the heterosexual male fantasy section. Gay videos aren't cutting it enough. Our demographic target market isn't watching those gay videos, as much as we thought they would. There's no one else we can ask. You are the only reasonably decent-looking youngish female here. All you would have to do is..."

I stomped out of there, as his words trailed off.

Fool. The damn fool. The damn fool of a man. I hate him. I despise him. He thinks nothing of me. I can't even stop thinking about his stupid fingers slipping and sliding inside of me, and he's just casually asking me to film a porn masturbation session as if it were nothing.

I really hate him.

I hadn't been looking where I was going, and I realized I was near the tiny brook that ran next to our camp. It was too small to even be called a brook, but the little trickle of water that ran close to us, was the only beautiful thing that kept our spirits up in these tumultuous times. Many of us called it the therapist's couch, coming to watch the brook gurgling its way across the land, bouncing, tumbling, and doing its thing. It was soothing in a way. It felt like if this brook could just keep on going, then we could as well. I squatted down next to the water, and with my chin on my knees, I watched the brook for what seemed like hours.

Gordon sat down next to me, and said, "What was that about? I thought you were trying to be a little bit more mature at this camp."

I had tears in my eyes, and I rubbed them off impatiently. I hadn't expected him to come looking for me. I had thought he would just leave me alone, and find someone else.

"Me being mature doesn't mean I let you all do whatever the hell you want with my body." I said angrily. Calm down, because if you don't, you are going to end up saying things you regret, I told myself. I have done things like this in the past, where I say things out of anger, and I end up hurting myself in the process.

I got up to leave, and he grabbed a hold of my wrist. "We are not done talking yet." He pulled me back down to sit on the ground next to him. He was there, cross-legged, and he looked just so comfortable. What is up with him? Why does he have to be such an asshole? I thought he was such a cute little boy when he was younger.

"Hey, so you might think I am being unfair here, but there are forces at play that you have no idea about. So you better suck it up and follow our directions. Without the porn that we have been filming, not only would we not have enough food to feed everyone, but also, we wouldn't be able to stay in contact with all of the rebel camps out there."

My eye twitched. All the rebel camps?? How many of us are actually out there? The truth is that I don't actually know anything about what is going on in the world right now. I didn't really pay attention to the news before this thing, and now I regret not knowing more.