6

“So what’d you get?” Tony asked, impatient as always. 

“Not much”, she said as everyone stepped closer to her to hear this. “Names are James and Sarah,” Had she been paying attention to Steve as he listened she would have noticed just how quickly his head snapped up in recognition. “Aged sixteen and fourteen. He refused to give away their surname as well as the year they are from, which means he is definitely not from the present. He seemed to recognize he was trapped in a different time. Americans, Russian speaking mother. Born with their enhancements…”

“Wait, what?!” Rhodey spoke up, as they all stared at her in confusion. 

“Enhanced father, they know something more about Hydra, but he denies it, and he knows who we are.”

“Then why did he attack us?” Sam asks. 

“I don’t think he recognized you guys, but when I walked in...he...was surprised to see me, but in a way that screamed that he knew who I was.”

“Ope, Blondie’s awake.” Sam announced. They turned to the one way mirror to see the girl sitting up and rubbing the sleep from her eyes. They heard her as she asked her older brother about what had happened and he answered her questions. 

“They’re both blonde, we can’t call either of them that.” Scott said. 

“Just feed him.” Nat said. “I’m taking the girl to do a seperate interrogation. She’s younger, more innocent, without his influence she might give more away.”

Ten minutes later, Natasha was standing across the table from the girl called Sarah in a concrete, steel reinforced interrogation room. 

“Name?”

“Sarah.”

“Full name?” 

She opened her mouth before closing it quickly. 

“Age?”

“Fourteen.”

“Birth date?” 

“April 27th.”

“The year?”

“I can’t tell you that.” Her voice was soft, not as firm as James’.

“Names of your parents?” 

She glanced at Natasha before quickly looking away. 

“Are your parents worried about you?”

The girl shook her head. 

“Do you know where they are?”

Again, the girl glanced at Natasha. She obviously wanted to say something, but she was holding back. 

“Can you describe your parents? What does your father look like?”

“I have no idea,” She said softly, her eyes downcast. “He died before I was born.”

Natasha paused for a moment. She felt pity for her, she did, but she was a spy, and spies don’t show emotion. “What about your mother?”

“I don’t remember her very well. She went missing when I was five. Basically dead, but there’s no body, so…”

“Look. I need your help to get you back to your own time. Do you know what Hydra is?”

She stayed silent, so Nat continued. “We found these time travel blueprints, at what we think is a Hydra base. They were wrong, we fixed it, but somehow during the test run, you two were able to transport through. I know you know something.”