She continued, her tone merrier, 'I shall try to change myself, only a bit, to lessen the torture I bestow you with. I shall try to be the perfect girl you ever wanted. I shall love you more each day, and I promise never to let our love dwindle'.

Taking a deep breath, she forwarded her arms, that she hid behind her all this while, a heart shaped balloon resting in between them.

Going down on her knees, surprising Arnav, she asked, 'Will you marry me, Arnav? And let me have the privilege of being your love forever?' She asked, a part of her, joyous at the successful rendition of her speech, while another part anxiously waited for his reply.

Arnav was flabbergasted would be an understatement. He was moved by her confession, his insides bubbling with happiness, his mind and soul flattered.

Accepting the balloon, he helped her rise, and crushed her into his arms. Words failed him, overwhelmed by her gesture.

'I love you', he breathed into her hair.

'Thats not the answer to my question', she scowled.

Clutching her shoulders, looking straight into her eyes, he answered, sincerity, pride and honesty evident in his pools. 'Yes I will. I will marry you!' He put her anxious heart at ease, as a smile bloomed on her lips, that reached her eyes.

'On a condition though!' He spoke, rendering her confused.

'I loved my crazy, pranking and chirpy Khushi, and will continue to love her. You are perfect the way you are, and I do not appreciate you changing for me, even a bit! Your cranky thoughts keep me alive and your madness makes my day happier! Deal?' He questioned and Khushi nodded her head in positive, tears pooling in her orbs. He always managed to impress her more, with his unbound and unconditional love!

Throwing her arms around his neck, she hugged him tight, kissing his jaw.

'This is the best proposal ever. One of a kind!' He mused, while a joyful smile stretched on her lips.

A couple of minutes later, Arnav withdrew from her clutch and spoke, 'Actually, I wanted to apologise, Khushi. It was our mistake that we did not get your consent for marriage. I am sorry. And I promise, this would be the last time that something happens without your will'.

Khushi cupped his cheeks fondly, and replied, 'The minute I denied, you respected my decision, Arnav. You did not claim an explanation, rather took the blame upon yourself. A girl needs nothing more than that assurance, that her love will be respected and treasured. I am proud of you'. She said with gratitude pouring out of her eyes.

He slid his hands around her waist and embraced her in a warm hug, while she placed a kiss on his chest, right near his heart, before resting her head there. She found her safest place on earth, in his arms, where she could spend her entire lifetime. Arnav's hold on her tightened, his eyes screaming love and only love for the lady in his arms. He wished for the time to freeze, as he relished the moment.

************************

The next morning

It was the Mehendi ceremony of the couples, and after numerous pleadings from Arnav and Adi, and some recommendation from Harish, the boys were permitted to attend the function.

Payal was fiddling with the plates as her hands were full of Mehendi, when she heard Akash behind her.

'May I?' He asked, with a shy smile on his face.

Nodding at him, she moved to give him way, while he slowly filled her plate with the items. Shy glances were exchanged among them in between, the couple revelling in their own world of joy.