Chapter 4: Fight for life, part 2

SHLOK'S POV:

........ She turns her head sideways teasingly as she sensed my intentions; exposing her  unguarded slender neck to me... I stop just few centimetres  away from her golden shiny skin and breathe on her neck... I inhale deep to savor her smell like a beast does before enjoying his favorite meal... Her body rewards my action with the goosebumps; adding fuel to my excitement...

 I patiently watch the thin vein along the length of her neck to become proud; as her breathing gets heavy...  Something inside me tells that my feast is ready as I run my tongue on my lips, making them wet... Without breaking the gaze to the proud vein; i wrap my lips around it imbibing the taste of her skin on my tongue; throughout its course...  A gratifying moan from her sends me into a trance... 

Sensing she is ready for my next move;I pull out my lips little bit,open my mouth enough to let my hungry teeth show up...  As I move close to her neck and dig my teeth into her soft flesh something pulls me away from her; making me sit upright on the bed with my hands on my back... "Shlok?" i hear riya calling my name from a distance. Confused,I look down and see my Aayesha starts to fade away into thin air. "WAIT!! NO!! AAYESHA!!'' i shout and struggle violently to break free my hands.Incapable of doing anything to prevent that; i keep on looking  into her eyes and watch her body getting disintegrated. "I love you",is all i make out by reading her lips; before an encroaching black curtain slowly blocks my sight completely in no time.

RAHUL'S POV:

"Time doesn't belong to anyone, no one can tell when and how it can turn your world upside down'', i think  lying in my bed moments after talking to shlok's father. Though he listened to everything calmly, i could sense his voice getting heavy in the end before he hung up. Knowing him for three years i know what a tough man he is. Being a business tycoon and having  taken so many tough decisions on day to day basis could not prepare him for such a devastating news. What a nightmare for any parent to hear that their child is fighting for life. Thinking about all this i don't know when i doze off. 

My ringtone wakes me up,"Hello, yeah riya, okay i am on my way, GRHHHHHH; when this nightmare is going to end" i ask myself as i hung up the call. Riya did not say much apart from asking me to come to hospital right away in whimper. I grab the keys and ride to the hospital. Reaching the ICU, i see riya sitting on a chair with her head into her lap over someone's clothes. 

I walk up to her and pet her head. She looks at me with watery, red eyes and hug me; telling me about the seizure. I try to calm her down,give her some water to drink and sit next to her on the chair, hugging her from the side. Drained because of continuously crying,riya sleep off on the chair itself. Making her head rest back with caution; i peek inside the ICU to see doctors, nurses and medical staff all around shlok's bed. I can clearly sense the gravity of the situation as i see a doctor giving him chest compression  and a nurse trying to pump air into him with a bag periodically.

I feel like an elephant has just stepped onto my heart.  I walk back to riya with stumbling feet and sit on the chair next to her.Looking up at the ceiling with folded hands i ask god to have some mercy.

SHLOK'S POV:

Displeasing sensation of some liquid hitting my face makes me open my eyes slowly. Another drop of water hit my forehead to make me completely awake.Disoriented, i look around and find myself lying under a big beautiful old tree with its hanging roots almost touching the ground.I take my time to appreciate its beauty as i have never seen such a magnificent tree  in my life. 

As i look at it, my mind plays back the events of what happened before i passed out. "aayesha?'' i whisper to myself as i start to run in one direction,to get back to the hut. For running for sometime i reach at the end of a cliff which has a waterfall on the side, grandeur than Niagara falls. Enchanted by its beauty, i stand there like a statute and try to capture its beauty in my eyes. I wish aayesha could see it with me; as i think about aayesha, i come out of its spell and start to run back in opposite direction. After running for don't know how much time, i finally see the hut. A satisfying smile appears on my face as i see it. I run inside like it has my lost treasure in it. 

Smile fades away slowly and disappointment takes its place  as i find it completely empty. I come out of the hut and shout Aayesha's name countless times,non stop at the peak of my voice in every direction. Exhausted, filled with sorrow, i start to walk slowly towards the waterfall. Reaching there,i sit on the cliff and watch how thousands of gallons of water hit the surface of river with a splash, creating a dense milky white cloud at the bottom. Its sound is more beautiful than any music i have listened to in my entire life.

Lost in its beauty and observing it closely without keeping the track of time, i lie down on the cliff looking at the beautiful clear blue sky. "Aachuu" looking at sky always makes me sneeze. I put hand inside my pant's pocket to grab the handkerchief but my hand comes in contact with a paper instead.  Confused, i take it out and open it:

DESIRES                DESTINY

  2                                      3

My eyes grow wide, "Wait, where am i? how i came here?'' i ask myself... I feel rage building up in me as i recall pieces of my last conversation with Aayesha

Flashes: 

'She going away .. Me getting drunk.... consuming tablets later on... shoutin her name lookin at sky.. passing out....waking up here...

Consumed by all that sorrow again, i get up and jump off the cliff in a hope that i"ll be gone for good this time. Everything blacks out as i hit the water.

I hear some voices in the background,as i open my eyes slowly.. Confused about my surrounding again, i see someone coming over me and hugging me calling my name.. As the person breaks the hug, i see Riya's smiling face with tears in her eyes and rahul standing on my right side..

"Aayesha?'' I ask rahul in a feeble voice.