Chapter 2: Chaos

RAHUL'S POV:

"O god please, please; this can't be happening. Where the fuck are those?", i mumble to myself as i search for my bike keys impatiently. Its been five minutes since my quest started, but non stop fiddling with my disorganized room results into my white T shirt drenched in sweat,as my heart doesn't give up to thud against my chest. Getting hard for me to concentrate  change the map of my room from worse to worst in no time.I don't know what forced me to have a look underneath my bed and there i was on my stomach  peeking under it the very next moment. My eyes glow and i feel not less than a thirsty guy; who found water in Sahara desert after ages, as i see my captain america's shield key ring. I grab it like my most priced possession at that moment and run towards hostel parking like its doomsday; not caring to lock the room.

Sprinting down from third floor to hostel's parking at ground floor, i grab my cellphone and dial the number, "the number you have dialed is not reachable", i never hated that automated message more than this moment. I put my cell phone back into my pocket as i reach the bike. My trembling hands made it little difficult to put the key into the slot. Somehow overcoming the struggle and managing to kick start my Royal Enfield 500cc, i ride it as fast as i could towards Shlok's flat somehow managing to escape few collisions on the way.

Reaching the building i pace towards the lift, !LIFT OUT OF SERVICE, PLEASE USE STAIRS!, adds to my frustration and i could not refrain myself from kicking lift's door. With no option i resume my sprint on stairs this time. Reaching Shlok flat on 5th floor has almost taken me out of  the breath; 'fucking cigarettes''i blurt out to myself while trying to catch my breath standing at the flat's door.

''SHLOK?'' i shout at peak of my voice as soon as i step inside the flat using the spare key with me. Finding whole flat empty, gets me into more panic and i rush back downstairs to my bike without even caring to lock the flat. kisi ne na roka,kisi ne na toka baby main hu ankh ka dokha.... loca loca,(my latest ringtone), "Yeah Riya, he is not here. I know;i am trying. Will talk to you later. bye". On my way out of the building i inquire with the guard about shlok but nothing positive comes out.

[my quest goes on for three nonstop exhausting hrs during that i visited every single place which had the probability of Shlok's presence;from our favorite pool cafe to our usual bar to swimming pool to sports complex. Exhausted, i lit a cigarette sitting on the side of the road with my back supported by bike.]

Puffing the cigarette; weird thoughts cloud my mind fearing shlok's impulsive nature. Praying to god to keep everything as it is as i left yesterday morning before i went to attend a function at my local guardian. I grab my cell phone and dials shlok's number again, still no response. I Smash the useless cellphone on the road in frustration this time, "where the hell are you man?'', i shout in frustration as I pull my hair involuntarily. i don't spare my first love also and kick my bullet which had been there with me since first year of Undergraduate.

"Oh fuck, you idiot'', I curse myself as something strikes my mind as lightening bolt. I lift up the bike and ride it at a lightening speed to reach the water dam five kms away from the college. Without bothering to put bike on stand, i run like a headless chicken towards the big stairs on the other side of water reservoir. ''Fuck you bastard'', i blurt out as i see someone lying down at the bottom most stair with his half body submerged into the water. I climb down the stairs as fast as i could and lift up the body in my lap to have a look at the face. My eyes widens in shock as I see Shlok's face. I get numb for sometime.. "Hello ambulance?'' i call it using his cellphone.