Traces of Blood

What would you do if you find me in a pool of blood?

I'd run upto you and make sure that you're safe.

What if I die?

Not until I'm alive.

What if it costs your life too.

It doesn't make a difference!

Ruhaan tried to open his eyes with extreme difficulty. He could feel his head throbbing with pain. His pair of hazel brown eyes took time to adjust with the bright atmosphere. All he could remember was being hit with a heavy force. His eyes took a slow tour around the milieu and gradually absorbed the fact that he was in a hospital. He saw a nurse in her white uniform, rushing out of the room, most probably to call a doctor.
He tried to recollect what had really happened. He was driving his car home and suddenly met with an unstoppable force. He had met with an accident. He tried to remember further but failed miserably.
He suddenly heard a screech which apparently belonged to a door. He tilted his head and looked side wise to find a doctor approaching him.
The doctor examined him and asked him if he was fine, to which he responded positively. The doctor also told him that the injuries were minor and he could go home within two or three days.
The doctor left him alone in the room. Zaahra entered with a visage decorated with sheer lassitude,banishing the loneliness within the four walls. It was anyway a much expected reaction from her side that it didn't surprise him even a bit.

However he slowly brought himself up and asked her a question he was dying to split out.

"Who brought me here? "

Zaahra squeezed her brows in bemusement.
"Some.. Yamini... Yeah.. Yamuna it seems. She found you in your car,covered in blood. "she answered after a short while.

He closed his eyes tightly, struggling hard to remember the person who saved him. Eventually, dazed and broken images came into being. It was slowly followed by the recollection of a strong scent,seemingly of jasmines. The face became clearer and clearer as he pressed himself to recall further.

The name Yamuna, the eminent fragrance of jasmines, the partially clear face;it all made sense. Ultimately all these pieces fitted into a puzzle, which solved up into her face. It was not just some Yamuna. It was Yamuna Swaminatham.To be more precise, the Yamuna who once belonged to him, who once coloured his life with the hues of immeasurable love and exuberance.

Ruhaan let out a heavy sigh.He have always wished to see her serene face just for once.But this sort of a meeting never passed his mind.He couldn't imagine what she was going through now.
Old memories came drooping back to him as if on cue.
"Fate! "he murmured gently.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yamuna splashed a handful of water on her face. Her breaths were heavy and heart pounded in an inordinate pace. Her reddish and puffy eyes bled warm tears.
She stared at her palms. She could still feel the wetness burning her skin without mercy. The wetness was not of the water but his blood. Her lips quivering slightly as she recalled the drastic incident that took place the previous night.

She was not feeling sleepy last night and decided to take a midnight ride through which she could also take a trip around the city.She didn't take much time to get out of the hotel and commence her journey with her trusted driver.
She travelled across the city that had fallen asleep in the arms of night,absorbing every tiny thing that has changed. The dimly lit street welcomed her solemnly to have an undisturbed drive.
After a journey of half an hour or so, she spotted a car that has crashed into a tree. It was quiet evident that the accident took place just a while ago.
The driver too noticed this and out of humanity, they decided to help.
They parked the car near to the one that had met with an accident and Yamuna exited briskly. She rushed and pulled open the driver's seat of the subtly deformed vehicle.
A body of a man, his head bleeding, fell right into her arms.
She froze as she got a clear view of his face under the streetlights.Her eyes widened in horror as a profound realisation dawned within her. She felt her surroundings coming to a halt.
It was him. Ruhaan Faizal.
His blood imbrued her skin and she felt too numb to react. Her eyes were instantly accommodated with hot tears.
By that time, the driver had reached there and he helped her to get him into their car.
She sat in the backseat and Ruhaan's head was on her lap. Her whole body kept shuddering and tears rolled down her red shot eyes.
She longed to see him once and the way it happened shattered her inside out. He was fighting for his life,unstaunched.She felt as if her wait has led her to pain,yet again.
They reached the hospital and he was rushed into the emergency.
She collapsed on a chair once he was taken inside. Her heart was thumping inside her terribly heaving chest. All the sweet moments they spent together came scurrying back into her mind, piercing every wound dented on her soul. They played in front of her eyes one after another, pushing her into an inner tornado.
She couldn't take off her eyes from her hands which where soaked in his blood. Why was fate so cruel to her all the time?
After what felt like an eternity, she saw a woman rushing into the hospital and talking with the doctor who treated Ruhaan. Yamuna was already informed that Ruhaan was fine and his family had also been informed. She had finally got her breath back.
The other woman came to Yamuna, keeping a very light smile on her face.
"Thank you so much for saving him. It really means a lot. "she said and Yamuna could only nod and leave from there quietly.
She had not seen that lady before and she guessed that it would be his wife. She did not want to remain in the city anymore.

The sound of the overflowing water brought her back to reality. She closed  the tap and proceeded to pack her things. The purpose of her coming here was business and that was already done.She came here to get some peace of mind too. But two days and past events had already started haunting her.The incident that happened last night made it worse. She could not take this any longer.
.
.
.
Sorry for being late 😁and this short one. I'm having testpapers and the last one's on Monday. Then hopefully I'll be regular 😅I know the good description I maintained has come crashing down. Sooorrryyyyyy 😌😌😌