Chapter 12

Bia P.O.V

Since Jordan has turned, I've been in the hospital. Aching, crying, cursing, nagging, hitting August then apologizing... So and so forth. I love him, I do but I hate him for doing this. Jordan refuses to come out. Every time the nurse checks me, she says I'm only dilated a half of centimeter.. or less then a half. Not only do I want her out but I always can't take this pain. These contractions feel like hell and they keep getting worse. I'm pretty sure August is tired of me squeezing his fingers, cursing him out and hitting him.

My grandma is here trying to help me feel better, but I'm pretty sure she's tired of me too. August mom is being patient and she's nice but I'm pretty sure if I hit her son one more time she will turn into Momma Dee. I'm sure she understands though. It's not easy giving birth, my grandma made it sound so easy but damn man, she left out the part where the pain gets worse as time progresses.

"Zennie girl how you doing?" My grandma asks as she sits next to me.

"Oh me.. I'm fine ya know. Just wondering when my daughter will stop being stubborn and come out to the world. How are you doing?" I say taking a deep breath and grip the side of the bed as another contraction kicks my ass.

"You were the same way Zennie." My grandma says as she gets up and rub my stomach. Once the contraction stops I let go of the bed and exhale. "When you were doing this to your mother I sang to you and within the next 30-45 minutes you were crying our ears off." She adds chuckling a little.

"Grandma do you think you could...?" I look at her.

"Sing?" I nod at her and she shakes her head. "Oh no Zennie sweetie, my singing days are over. But if my memory doesn't is correct, your boyfriend is a really good singer. Maybe he should give it a try." She says looking at him.

"Oh no Grandma, he is exhausted, I don't want to...." August walks up humming then starts singing. After awhile I pick up onto the song he's singing. He continues to sings his song Right There.

I lay back and he walks up next to me, he places his hand on my stomach and continues to sing. Another contraction starts and I grip the side of the bed. He sings a little louder as the nurse comes in and checks me. She calls the doctor in and he checks me and nods.

"Well she's at 9 1/2, I'll give it another 15-20 minutes before she can push." The doctor says with a smile. August leans over and kisses my forehead then goes right back to singing.

After he finish singing another two songs, I feel a pressure on my vagina. I grip his hand tight and as the most painful contraction comes in I scream. The doctor comes rushing with nurses behind him. He checks me and smiles.

"Ok nurses, let's prepare this room, she's ready to give birth." As he says that the nurses start rushing around, getting blankets, nose suckers, diapers and towels, they get scissors and everything else they need.

"Sweetie, pumpkin, I am so happy and proud of you." My grandma says and she kisses my forehead. "Oh yeah, this part is not going to be a walk in the park, either." She adds.

August pulls out his video camera, turns it on, and starts recording. I look at him and shake my head. He smiles and the doctor lifts my legs up and looks at me.

"Ok I will try and make this as easy as possible, but since you didn't take the epidural, it is going to be painful." He sighs and looks at one of the nurses. "Ok prepare the blankets." She prepares the blankets and stands there ready to get and do anything the doctor says. "Ok on the next contraction I need you to push. The best way to do this is to lift your upper body up as if you are doing crunches." He looks at the monitor.