38 • Prune Mates

Mulai dari awal

"But that doesn't matter!" I exclaimed.

"So what you're gonna be a privileged rich blonde bitch and go to prom two times?"

"Taehyung, watch your words," My mother slightly threatened. "Take Lalisa with you. I don't see why she can't go."

"Thanks mom!" I jubilantly thanked her as a groan was heard from my brother.

"And Taehyung, clean up all the glitter and paint, it's messy." She said before leaving his bedroom, leaving only me and him.

"Can you find your way out or shall I escort you?" He asked (threatened) in a gentlemanly voice.

I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time before leaving his color filled room; however, I felt a rush of euphoria in me. I was officially attending prom— I would see the wonders of people dancing together, chatting despite the music lowering over them.

And of course, I would see him and I assumed:

His date.

• • •

Jungkook

"He hasn't asked me to prom yet!" I babbled about to the one person  who was fully aware of mine and Taehyung's relationship.

"Well, I think he's just busy rejecting those thots," Yoongi spoke over the phone. "Did you really have to wake me up from my sleep because of this? You're aware that it's almost midnight right."

I sheepishly chuckled, "Yeah sorry about that."

He sighed before continuing. "Just relax kid, focus on the upcoming exams and get some damn sleep. I hope you know they start in two days."

"Yeah I know hyung, but I was wondering if you could subtly get him to ask me?"

"Jungkook, why don't you just ask him yourself?"

Ah, there it was again.

"Becauseee," I whined. "He's been turning down so many people, what if he does the same thing to me?"

"Kid, you're his boyfriend for fuck's sake," I could tell he was massaging his temple with his fatigued fingers.

"Yeah but he wants to keep our relationship a secret, so he's going to be totally against going out together in a public event," I pouted despite my appearance being unnoticed. "He doesn't want anything suspicious after Lisa found out I have a crush."

"A crush? What are we, pubescent middle schoolers?"

I shrugged, "Seems like it."

"Look, just keep studying because that's really important, don't worry about Taehyung," an obnoxiously loud yawn was heard from the other end of the line. "And get some goddamn sleep. Goodnight."

Before I could open my mouth to spill words the line was cut off, leaving me in my messy thoughts once again. I dragged myself to my desk and threw open the textbook, letting incoherent words race it's knowledge away from my eyes. The fatigue in me slipped away, only being replaced by a feeling of anxiety.

"Jungkook? You're not asleep yet?" I heard the doorknob turn before a woman stepped inside my room.

"No, I'm gonna be up a little late," I averted my attention to the careless words in front of me.