Chapter 6

The atmosphere was so stuffy that it was almost palpable. Jin Ling and Jiang Cheng was at the dining table outside the porch, where both didn't say a single word as they wait for y/n. Jiang Cheng was quite impatient, as he had important things to do, such as meetings and paperworks, and he couldn't quite bring himself to bring the subject of A'Ling being lost for a few days since he was a factor of the reason. Jin Ling was also finding it awkward every minute as he couldn't bring himself to ask for forgiveness either. And so these two men were left to study each other condescendingly but also unsure of themselves as well.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? Are you just- where are you going?!" Jiang Cheng tried to start a conversation but Jin Ling started to storm away as he couldn't bear it no more.

Jin Ling went to the porch overlooking the courtyard where the guards were training. The guards were few in numbers than usual, as some of them were ordered to find y/n. He clutched the railings until his knuckles went white and grinded his teeth.

I can't do this, I've been avoiding uncle for days, and that girl was there- oh right, what was her name? He thought. He felt quite ashamed as he didn't know the name of the person who helped him when he was vulnerable.

His train of thoughts was halted when a bunch of guards came through the gate, escorting two men. Jin Ling squinted, and his face grew white, heart pounding in his ears, and his palms were starting to sweat.

It was Sizhui and Jingyi.

The three of them grew much more closer than the rest of their friends, as they meet quite often and got through kicking the bucket together. They experienced quite a number of life- threatening experiences, and they got to know each other quite well. But, through fate, Sizhui and Jingyi became closer than normal, and Jin Ling couldn't quite understand what he's feeling about it, except that he didn't like it. At all.

Jin Ling couldn't stop his frown when he saw that the two were close- too close for A'Ling's liking, and he wished that the two were five feet apart. He wished that the two wouldn't talk with such ease, that the two would instead shut up and just look at him instead. He wished that their eyes wouldn't twinkle when they look at each other-

"A'Ling ah!" Jingyi's face lit up and he waved at Jin Ling, not caring about etiquette as usual. Sizhui looked over where Jinyi was waving, and when he saw Jin Ling, he too wore a big smile and waved. Jin Ling tried to smoothen his frown, but he seemed to have some difficulties. The two ran to Jin Ling.

"闭嘴Bizui! ( Shut up! ) Who are you to call me so casually? And why are you here?"Jin Ling crossed his arms and looked down at them. Jingyi's face faltered and he instantly matched Jin Ling's attitude.

"Why? Is Lotus Pier yours? You're also a visitor here, anyways. Your uncle own this. And why are you here, leaving Lanling Sect alone? And you're here scolding me. Hmph." Jingyi looked away.

Sizhui thought that he should interfere, unless the two will fight- again. "That's enough fighting, you're not kids anymore. Jin Ling, we're just passing by, and we thought that we will visit you. And please don't fight, we're friends now, right? In fact, we're close, do you agree?" Sizhui looked at Jingyi whom grunted for an answer and Sizhui looked at Jin Ling for answer while wearing the bright smile, which made Jin Ling falter a bit, and he mumbled a yes, even if his heart ached a bit.

Jiang was left alone back at the dining area, quite unsure what to do, except to walk back and forth, waiting for everyone. When he heard a commotion, he immediately perked up, hoping to scold Jin Ling again, but it was some guards and an unfamiliar woman. He studied her struggling with the guards, as two of them were holding her arms, as if supporting her.