Aspirations

2nd POV

A week and a half had passed since you'd been saved and placed on house arrest by the engimatic Insect pillar Shinobu. Though you were still recovering, even you had to admit that the medicine she administered to you worked wonders and before long you felt almost fully recovered. You'd been staying longer than planned, as you wanted to be as strong as possible for when you made your escape...well that and you wanted to milk this free food gig you seemed to have found for as long as you could.

As you internally plotted your escape from a paradise with the potential of execution, you heard the familiar sound of the door sliding open and Aoi walking in with her signature stern look.

Aoi:"It seems you're up early F/n" she said as she set down a plate of freshly made rice balls. The smell of which violently dragged you from your thoughts of absconding as you salivated over the delectable balls of fluffy goodness. Sadly however your encroaching hand had been swatted away by the pig tailed demon slayer. "AH! Nope! First we change those bandages then you eat" she chastised before dropping a heavy first aid kit. The weight of it hitting the floor made it seem as though the words THUD had formed in the air.

F/n:"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT JUST" you took a deep breath "just be careful with the rice balls" you pleaded as aoi sat radiating victory. She carefully began unwrapping the bandages along your torso to reveal your relatively muscular body marred by a few newly formed scars along your chest.

Aoi:"You seemed to be almost fully recovered" she thought aloud as she kept inspecting your chest. "I don't think I'll need to apply the anesthetic to the bandages anymore, so I'll just do a light wrap up" she hummed "And you had better thank lady Kocho when you visit her" she returned to her more stern side  remembering you were technically still a prisoner. You nodded blankly, reflecting on your time at the estate over the last several days.

Flashback

Because of your need to recover you had nothing but time to kill until you made your escape but that was easier said than done when you can't leave your room. So naturally anytime an chance where you could do something or talk with someone was presented you were quick to take it. This opportunity as, it turned out, was  Aoi changing your bandages, something that was becoming a frequent experience.

Y/n:" Ahh that hurts!" you yelped as the pig tailed demon slayer shot you a glare that would make children flinch.

Aoi:"Well if you would sit still and stop trying to reach for the food maybe I wouldn't slip up" she groaned in annoyance as you continued trying to eat the rice balls she'd brought in.

Y/n:"Hey, easy where you put your hands" you laughed before getting a swift knock down from your caretaker. 

Aoi:"Jeez, If it weren't for your strength I'd be completely shocked on how such a pig-brained dolt like you could possibly have passed final selections." she muttered though it didn't exactly phase you. 

Y/n:"That and sheer dumb luck" you grinned as she finished tightening your bandages before saying a brief goodbye. 

You held brief un-noteworthy conversations like that every time she would visit, you didn't pay them much mind and you didn't really care for the pig tailed nurse. One day Aoi had been replaced by a pair of 3 young servants who were...excited to say the least.

They would remove your bandages and replace them with ones filled with anesthetic as usual except this time before breakfast you were served a healthy plate of excruciatingly painful stretches. The various contortions they giggly put you through nearly put tears to your eyes, so you didn't exactly enjoy not having Aoi to say the least.