Jail Bird

If the title pic confuses you I straight up just looked up jail bird and found that and after looking around for a while Its grown on me. Imma name him burb.

2nd POV

The twins present to you a shrine looking area with 2 red pillars erected in front of a pedestal. A variety of near identical looking rocks lay in a bed of purple silk. Some spots, where rocks should be, were already vacant, probably from the other applicants who passed.

White haired girl:"Now you must choose the steel that will become the sword for you to protect yourself and to annihilate countless demons

White haired girl:"Now you must choose the steel that will become the sword for you to protect yourself and to annihilate countless demons."

Y/n:"But there's so many to choose from, AND THEY ALL LOOK IDENTICAL! Plus If I'm late, and you don't have anymore uniforms for me then how can you still have so much ore left!?" you asked completely unsure of which to take.

Black haired boy:"That is because, including you, only 6 out of the 20+ applicants survived to reach this point" he answered leaving you baffled.

Y/n:"Only 6 of us made it?" you repeated not sure you heard him right. It was... a him... right?

White haired girl: she nodded to your question before speaking "As for your uniform, while we no longer have staff on standby to measure you and assign you one, we do have an extra set from previous years. We will issue you one along with your casugai crow, once you've finished this" 

Not willing to ask what the hell she meant by a crow, you walked up to the wide pedestal and pondered which ore to choose. They looked almost indistinguishable from eachother and you had very little knowledge as to was goes into sword-smithing. You reached your hand down to take a random shot in the dark, until an odd sensation filled your hand. Quickly retracting it you began following this sensation. You whirled your hand around each and every ore until you found the one you were looking for...you think.

Y/n:"This one feels...like the wind is actively avoiding it" you thought aloud, "So I guess I'll go with this one" you decided reaching for the ore.

Black haired boy:"Excellent, now here is your uniform" he handed you a small sack.

White haired girl:"Since you carry two swords, would you like to have a second nichirin blade made for you?" she said as you heard the cry of a nearby bird.

Y/n:"Oh no no no, my style doesn't really work with 2 swords" you said quickly "But hey, when the sword-smith makes my sword do you think he could fix up my sheathe and use it with the new blade?" you asked as you once more heard a bird cry in the distance.

Black haired boy:"An outlandish request, it's not typical that Hagenazuka answers such a request, but we can still ask for you" he said taking the sheathe from you as a black shape soared down from the clouds above.

Black haired boy:"Now we will issue you your kasugai crow." he said clapping his hands twice before the black shape nearly ran you over, only missing you by a hair.