- XLI -

Harry lifted his head from where it had been resting against Tony's shoulder, and looked around blearily as someone lightly tapped his arm.

"Harry, hon. We're about to land," Pepper rubbed her hand up and down his arm gently, like she always did to wake Tony up.

Harry squinted at the strawberry blonde kneeling before him, and he rubbed his eyes. Carefully, glasses were slid on to his face, and Harry blinked a few times to adjust his eyes to the prescription.

"Thank you," Harry murmured, sleep still thick in his voice. Pepper smiled fondly before standing up and planting a soft kiss to Harry's forehead.

Harry blushed, his ears growing warm. He loved Pepper, and considered her his mum, but they weren't as close as he was with Tony, because she was working all the time. It wasn't often she let her professional façade slip to reveal a sensitive side, but when she did- those were Harry's favorite moments.

Like the time he got up late at night to get a glass of water, and he found Pepper and Tony slow dancing in the kitchen. Tony had twirled Pepper, and her soft laughter floated through the air as she gazed at Tony with adoration in her eyes.

And when he saw Pepper inch her hand closer to Tony's at the dinner table so that their pinkies were just barely touching. When he saw Pepper rest her head on Tony's shoulder while they were watching movies. When he saw Pepper cover Tony with a blanket when he had fallen asleep on the couch or at his lab table.

Those were Harry's favorite moments. When people didn't know anyone was watching, and yet they still continued to do cute and seemingly mundane things for someone else.

But coming from someone who had never experienced this in his life, Harry found moments like those to be the best.

Beside him, Tony's grumbling pulled Harry from his trance.

"Have a nice nap?" Pepper teased, placing her hand on Tony's shoulder as she stepped back to her seat and buckled up, preparing for the descent of the helicopter.

"Mhmm," Tony hummed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes before turning to Harry and smiling.

"Are you excited to see Peter?" Tony asked, eyes crinkling at the corners with his grin.

Harry blushed, and he smiled. Tony had insisted that nobody tell Peter the outcome of the trial, and they had only just told him they were coming home that morning. He knew that it was someone mean, but he had insisted that Peter's reaction would be priceless and they wouldn't want to miss it.

"I can't wait to see his reaction," Harry admitted. He hadn't been fond of the plan at first, but the idea of telling Peter himself was growing on him, and he was growing more and more excited.

"Well it feels as though we're beginning our descent now, so you won't have to wait much longer," Tony declared.

The descent was quick and relatively smooth, and before he knew it, Harry found himself climbing out of the helicopter, Tony and Pepper in front of him, and Steve, Bucky, Bruce, Natasha and Clint behind him.

"Mr. Stark, Peter Parker is waiting in the lobby," Friday announced as the team entered the elevator from roof where the helipad was.

"I figured as much. Go ahead and send him up to the penthouse," Tony smiled.

"I'm going to go put on a pot of coffee," Steve announced as the elevator dinged and opened to reveal the kitchen and living area of the penthouse. Everyone muttered their thanks and agreeance. Natasha and Clint promptly made their way to the couch and both flopped in separate directions, exhausted.