Chapter (29): Meeting The Friends

Start from the beginning

"Professor Gray is really helpful, I'm telling you, he is awesome"

"I can see that and it's good for your future, cheers chica" They clinked their cocktails.

Danni arrived and searched the house for Avery and then Abigail told her that they were at the swimming pool. Making her way to the swimming pool, she spotted Avery getting up from her chair, adjusting her dark red bikini that matched her hair. She stared at her long enough that her heart started pounding hard and fast in her chest and she could hear the hammering in her ears. Avery slowly and perfectly got into the water, swimming on her back and Danni collected herself as she headed to them.

"Hey, guys" she said to both of them and April turned around smiling at her.

"Hey, Danni. How are you?"

"Good. You?"

"Just having fun" She batted her eyelashes.

"I see"

"Avery is right there if you want her" She pointed at her.

"I don't want her... I mean I want her... I mean I do want her but not want her"

April laughed holding her stomach. "Danni, you are so cute when you are nervous"

"I'm not nervous" She put her hands on her hips.

"You are but that'll be our secret. So you want Avery?"

"I wa- Hey! You playing me here!" She joked and April chuckled.

"Playing you how?" asked Avery as she was hanging by the side of the pool.

Danni stared at her beauty and scanned very part of Avery's face as her hair was wet. Drops of water were sliding down her temple and her lips were slightly parted and her eyes were like blue crystal in the daylight and Danni shook away her thoughts and smiled softly.

"It's nothing, I was just talking with April about a video game that I played with Steve and she challenged me in a soccer match on PS4"

"Yeah, Ave. I'm gonna crush Danni" She glanced at Danni smirking.

"Okay, that's not why I'm here"

"Then what brings you here?" asked April feeling amused as she sipped her cocktail and watched the eye contact between her other two friends.

"Well..." She looked at Avery then back at April. "I want us to hang out like last time but this time we have an extra passenger..."

"Someone we know?" asked April.

"No, but I think Avery does" She locked eyes with Avery for a moment.

"Well, who is it?" asked April.

"Chloe... my girlfriend. She is my girlfriend and I want you guys to meet here so"

April gasped and stood from the chair hugging her. "You have a girlfriend! That's great Danni! My gay friend has a girlfriend! Yay!"

Danni chuckled nervously and April pulled away. "Is it okay if you guys meet her today? And Steve of course will come"

"I'm in!" said April clapping her hands with enthusiasm.

"Good and I'm sure Steve will come since you are. Now we are missing just one person" They both turned to Avery, her face expression was neutral and stoic. She gazed at Danni for a while then averted her eyes and April noticed Avery's long silence.

"Me too" she said as she turned away from the side of the pool swimming around and April noticed her flat tone.

"Okay, I'll see you tonight at the same club?" asked Danni looking back and forth between the two girls.