Chapter Six - Uravity

I cashed another person out and handed them their change. I was exhausted already, and still had another five hours on this twelve hour shift. Luckily, it was almost time for my lunch break and i'd be able to relax for a little bit. I informed a coworker of mine that I was headed out for my break, and she agreed to run the register whilst I did so.

I made my way to the back office to ask my manager. My manager was a strict guy, and almost never did anything at the store. Nobody here liked him, but we had to deal with him if we wanted our jobs. I knocked on the office door, seeing if he was in there.

"Come in," he yelled, and I entered.

"Hey, I was wondering if I could go on my break? It's about that time," I asked him.

"Nope," he responded, and went back to doing whatever.

"How come? Lisbeth said she'd cover the registers," I responded.

"Cause some people called off and I said no. Now get back to work."

"Look, I have to work a twelve hour shift, so please-"

"What did I just say, Ochako. Now get back to work or it's your job on the line," he stated, frustrated. "I won't be disrespected!"

I accepted defeat and began walking away, before I stopped. I didn't need to take this shit anymore.

"No," I responded.

"Excuse me?!" He asked.

"I said no. I wont get back to work."

"You've got some nerve, Ochako. You're on thin fucking ice right now," he threatened. "Are you wanting me to fire you?"

"Won't do you any good," I responded.

"Oh yeah, how come?" he asked me, crossing his arms

"Cause I quit."

My boss clearly didn't expect that to happen, but played it off anyways.

"Funny joke, Ochako. Now please get back to work."

"I said no, I quit. I'm tired of being yelled at by you and talked down to."

"Fine you can have your break, go ahead and take it."

"What part of 'I Quit' Don't you understand?" I told him, taking my name tag off and trowing it to him.

"Ochako, wait-" he tried to say, but I shut the door on him.

I was tired of being someone else's punching bag. I explained it to my now ex-coworker and she gave me a high-five, wishing me well. Once outside, I began walking home, proud of what I just did. I stood up for myself for once. I dug through my purse, looking for my phone to let Cain know when I felt something. Pulling it out, it was a business card, reading:

'Join an agency you can trust! We strive to make Japan a villain-free society!'

-All For Angency

On the back was a phone number and address. I figured it was worth a shot. I went to UA for three to become a hero, and ended up at a dead-end job. So hopefully...

Deku would give me a job, and I could probably become a hero.

I turned around, and headed towards the agency.

__________

It had been a few days since Kamuri and I got together. I started feeling happier, and people at the agency took note of that. Of course, we kept our relationship to ourselves for now. But people like Melissa and Ojiro tried their best to find out what it was that really changed my mood. Currently, I was in my office with Melissa, Kamuri, Yaoyoruzu, and Ojiro.