Bonus - request for @newtiecutie24

A/N: just to reiterate, this story has been discontinued and I've got to be honest, I didn't think I was going to come back to it. But since we're all in isolation and I'm looking for any excuse to not do school work, I have written this one shot for @newtiecutie24 as a one off.

I won't be taking any other requests for this book after this so apologies to anyone who wanted to request! But either way, I hope you are all staying safe and enjoy this story after my hiatus!

Jojo x Thomas

Jojo's POV:

I won't lie to you, I'm a pretty stubborn person. Ok fine, I'm very stubborn. And sassy. Me and my best friend Minho get on like a house on fire. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I never like to admit my true feelings. I don't want to look vulnerable or deal with something that doesn't have to be dealt with. Which is why I never wanted to admit how I felt about another Glader. Let me take you back to the start.

When I first came up in the Box into this awful hellhole of a Glade, and realised I was the only girl, I knew I had to show these boys who was boss. I spent my first day in the Pit after that. But that's besides the point. One of the first people to talk to me was know-it-all Thomas. And I immediately took a disliking to him. Especially after hearing I just took his place as Greenie and he thought he could tell me what to do!

But one thing I wont admit to anyone, not even Minho, is that the reason I dislike Thomas is because I have a crush on him. I know that sounds so hypocritical and makes no shucking sense, and I wish I could explain it, but I can't. The only explanation I have is that I can't remember if I ever loved anyone before the Maze, so now I'm kind of nervous to admit I have feelings for someone who I also kind of hate at the same time. Besides, it's obvious Thomas doesn't like me either because recently he actively seems to avoid me whereas it used to be his mission to piss me off.

Anyway, this one day, things were weird. I had just got back from running the Maze with Minho when I saw that Thomas was talking to Newt.

"Did Thomas not run today?" I panted to Minho as we went to go take our running gear off.

"No, I was talking to him earlier but he seemed off, almost... preoccupied."

I just shrugged and watched Thomas out of the corner of my eye as I took my gear off. He had noticed we were back, I saw him glance over but that just encouraged an even deeper conversation between Thomas and Newt. As stubborn as I am, I'm not heartless. I'm still kind and loyal to every Glader, even Thomas, but I decided that I was going to talk to him at the campfire. He didn't seem himself and as much as I dislike him, I need to make sure he's happy.

As the whole Glade sat around and talked, I scanned the crowd for Thomas. He wasn't there.

"Minho! Where's Thomas?" I asked, trying to sound casual. I didn't want to make it obvious to Minho about anything because I realised I had been talking about Thomas a lot lately. The smirk I received in return did not bring any comfort to me that Minho wasn't catching on.

"I think he's in his hammock, said he wasn't hungry," Minho shrugged. clearly trying to hold back a grin.

"What's with the smirk Minho?!" I sassed, as he just smiled even wider and shrugged his shoulders.

"Fine, be like that! I'm gonna go find that shank," I muttered, getting up from the log I was sitting on and storming over to the hammocks.

I cautiously approached where I knew Thomas's was and peered around a tree. I didn't want to wake him if he was asleep. I saw he was wide awake, just staring up at the starry sky, obviously in deep thought. I studied his side profile, looking at this messy brown hair and long eyelashes and sharp jawline. I mentally scolded myself for getting distracted, shaking my head in an attempt to compose myself. 'You're supposed to hate him Jojo!'

"Hey," I said gently as I came out from behind the tree and approached his hammock. He jumped in surprise before looking into my hazel eyes with his caramel brown ones.

"Oh.. hi?" he asked, clearly not expecting to be talking to me.

"I noticed you didn't run today, and you weren't at the campfire so I just wanted to make sure you were ok," I explained, sitting on a small tree stump next to his hammock as he sat up in his hammock. I don't know why I was so nervous to talk to Thomas, but I tucked a strand of my brunette locks behind my ear as I looked down at my hands in my lap.

"Oh erm, yeah I'm fine, just had some stuff to think about," he sighed, rubbing his hands over his face.

"Like?" I urged, trying to bring back some of my confidence. He just looked at me like I was a puzzle he couldn't quite solve.

"Common Thomas, I know I'm rude to you sometimes but I'm not a complete shank all the time," I joked, making him chuckle a little. "I wanna help you, so.. what's up?"

He studied my face, looking for any sign that I was joking but he saw I was dead serious. So he took a deep breath before putting his hand on my cheek and pushing himself closer to me. Before I could react, he pushed his lips onto mine. It was gentle but also rushed at the same time, like he could have backed out at any second. His soft lips moved against mine slowly and we both melted into the kiss. He slowly pulled away, resting our foreheads together as he looked deep into my eyes. When I didn't say anything, he sighed and pulled away from me so he was sat in his hammock again. When he took his hand away from my face, it felt cold and I didn't like it.

"I'm sorry Jojo, I really like you but I just- I didn't mean to-"

"Thomas. Shut up." I laughed, climbing into him hammock so I was sat over his legs.

"W-what?" he stammered, raising an eyebrow.

"Thomas I really like you to. I know I haven't really given that impression and I'm sorry but I was just nervous. I don't remember what it's like to love someone and I guess that scared me. So I tried to hide my feelings by making you think I hated you, even though you are kind of annoying," I grinned, causing an adorable chuckle to escape his lips too. "I'm sorry Thomas," I sighed, shuffling forward so I was now sat across his lap.

He looked up into my eyes and smiled a huge smile. "Don't be sorry, I'm just glad you didn't slap me after that!" We both laughed, before he placed his hands on my hips and I wrapped mine behind his neck.

"I hate you, Thomas. I hate you so much that I think I love you," I whispered to him, internally cringing at myself.

"I hate you too Jojo, but not as much as I think I love you," he grinned at me, gently squeezing my waist.

And I leaned down to connect our lips again in a sweet kiss, feeling the weight leave my shoulders as my feelings for Thomas were no longer disguised.

A/N: omg I am so sorry this is awful. I kind of relate to this hate-love concept atm so idk why this is so bad. I hope you liked this final one shot for @newtiecutie24 and hope you all have a good day/evening/whatevertimeofdayitis.

This book is DISCONTINUED so no more requests will be taken, apologies guys.